This deliciously Creamy Zucchini Soup is packed with nutrition and super simple to make. It’s high in protein and soothing to your digestive system.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (see substitutions above)
- 1 Tablespoon ghee or olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 7 cups zucchini, cut into chunks, (4–5 zucchini)
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt plus more to taste
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups baby arugula coarsely chopped
- lemon juice for garnish
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a small bowl soak the cashews in boiling water.
- In a soup pot, heat the ghee or oil over medium-low heat.
- Add onion and celery and cook for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add garlic, zucchini and ½ teaspoon salt. Sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Add stock, stir until well combined. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes until the zucchini is tender.
- Rinse and drain the cashews.
- Transfer the soup and cashews to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour back into the pot. Add arugula and mix until wilted. If the soup has cooled off heat until arugula is wilted, 1-2 minutes.
- Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Serve with a sprig of arugula and a sprinkle of lemon juice.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: Paleo, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan Option
Keywords: creamy zucchini soup, creamy zucchini arugula soup, zucchini soup, zucchini arugula soup