Here is a healthy green vegetable that’s incredibly delicious and easy to prepare. These Brussels sprouts have nice crispy edges and a tender, sweet center.
- Cut the ends off the Brussels sprouts.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add 2 teaspoons salt.
- Once the water is boiling add the Brussels sprouts.
- Boil for 4-8 minutes until bright green and just about tender. The amount of time will depend on the size. DON’T OVERCOOK.
- Preheat the oven to 450°
- Drain the Brussels sprouts and spread on a kitchen towel to dry.
- Put Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet. Toss with olive oil , garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Flatten each Brussels sprout with a mason jar or flat measuring cup.
- Arrange the sprouts in a single layer on a baking sheet, with space between each sprout.
- Top each sprout with a little parmesan. Try not to let the parmesan spread too much onto the baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes until the parmesan is deep golden and the sprouts are lightly charred underneath and around the edges. If they’re not yet brown put the tray under the broiler for 3-4 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Let cool for a few minutes to firm up. Remove from the pan with a spatula onto a serving tray. Sprinkle with the balsamic.
- Serve warm.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Vegetable, Side Dish
- Method: Boil, Roast
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Dairy Free Option, Keto
Keywords: crispy smashed brussels sprouts, smashed brussels sprouts, easy vegetable