This Garlic Lemon Chicken is a simple, one pan, foolproof recipe with a rich umami taste.
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, humanely raised, chicken thighs
- Celtic sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons drained capers, rinsed and patted dry
- Pinch of chile flakes
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fresh chopped parsley and lemon wedges for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Mince one of the garlic cloves and set aside.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-low heat, add the oil.
- Add the 5 smashed garlic cloves, whole anchovies, capers and chile. Let cook, stirring to break up the anchovies until the garlic browns around the edges and the anchovies break apart, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken thighs and cook on medium until brown on one side, 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cauliflower florets around the chicken.
- Turn the thighs over. Nestle the cauliflower in between the chicken so it’s lightly coated with the sauce.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook 5-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the cauliflower is crisp tender.
- Take the pan out of the oven and transfer the thighs to a plate (BE CAREFUL the pan handle will be HOT).
- Place the skillet on stove and add minced garlic and lemon juice. Cook on medium heat for about 30 seconds scraping up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan and stirring the cauliflower.
- Add chicken back to the pan and mix it with the sauce, cooking for another 15-30 seconds.
- Serve on plates with cauliflower on the side, garnished with fresh parsley.
- Serve it alone or with sautéed spinach or roasted potatoes for a more complete meal.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: lemon chicken, garlic chicken, lemon anchovy sauce