This Garlic Lemon Chicken is a simple, one pan, foolproof recipe with a rich umami taste. Boneless chicken thighs are seared and cooked in a lemon anchovy sauce with capers, and lots of garlic. Cooking the cauliflower in the pan with the chicken gives it lots of flavor. Paleo, AIP, Dairy-Free, Whole30 and Keto friendly!
What I love about this dish is it’s so easy to make and always comes out great. Chicken thighs are delicious and almost impossible to overcook.
There are only 7 ingredients in this dish and after you make it once or twice you’ll have it memorized. It’s so simple and delicious it will become one of your household favorites.
Now you might say “I don’t like anchovies”, but trust me once they are sautéed in the olive oil they no longer taste ‘fishy’ but instead have an incredible umami flavor. You’’ll simply enjoy the salty, tangy, well-balanced flavors.
In addition, anchovies have awesome health benefits.
Anchovies Awesome Health Benefits
They are high in omega-3 fatty acids which reduces inflammation and prevents cardiovascular disease. Studies show they may reduce your triglyceride levels, slow the buildup of plaque in your arteries, and reduce your blood pressure.
Anchovies are a good source of calcium which you need for strong bones and teeth.
They are are rich in selenium, the mineral that plays a key role in metabolism.
Eating iron-rich anchovies will help give you an energy boost.
Since I eat animal protein almost every day. Since it’s easy to find organic and humanely raised chicken, I eat it often. It’s also easy to cook. While chicken has lots of protein it also has a lot of omega-6 fatty acids.
The omega-3’s in the anchovies balance out the high amount of omega-6 in the chicken. The recommended ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids in the diet is 4:1 for optimal health. The best way to improve the ratio of omega-3 fats to omega-6 fats, eat more omega-3’s.
This recipe is easy to make because there is very little chopping.
The anchovies are sautéed whole since they break apart in the pan.
All you have to do with the garlic is smash and peel it. It is cooked whole too!
The only chopping required is cutting the cauliflower into small florets.
After you saute the anchovies, garlic and capers in the pan for 3 minutes, add the chicken thighs and saute until brown on one side, about 5 minutes.
Then add the cauliflower, turn the chicken over and let it finish cooking in the oven.
Put your feet up, relax for a minute, smell the deliciousness coming from the oven.
Once it’s done, remove the chicken from the pan and add 1 remaining clove of chopped garlic and lemon juice
Simmer for 30 seconds. An amazing garlicky, lemon sauce is created. Return the chicken to the pan and your dish is done.
I serve it alongside sautéed spinach or if you want more carbs, roasted potatoes. Either one will mop up the briny juices, yum!
I encourage you to try the recipe since the garlic lemon anchovy sauce is really quite amazing! You get your chicken and vegetable cooked together in one pan.
This is the kind of one-skillet meal that you’ll want to add into your dinner rotation ASAP! It’s simple, quick to make and incredibly delicious.
Grab your chicken and a nice big skillet and lets start cooking!
If you like this recipe you may also like these other delicious chicken dishes:
If you would like to have more of these delicious healthy recipes sent to you each week, CLICK TO SIGN UP for my email newsletter of recipes and tips for you to eat well and enjoy your wonderful life.Print
This Garlic Lemon Chicken is a simple, one pan, foolproof recipe with a rich umami taste.
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, humanely raised, chicken thighs
- Celtic sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons drained capers, rinsed and patted dry
- Pinch of chile flakes
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fresh chopped parsley and lemon wedges for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Mince one of the garlic cloves and set aside.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-low heat, add the oil.
- Add the 5 smashed garlic cloves, whole anchovies, capers and chile. Let cook, stirring to break up the anchovies until the garlic browns around the edges and the anchovies break apart, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken thighs and cook on medium until brown on one side, 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cauliflower florets around the chicken.
- Turn the thighs over. Nestle the cauliflower in between the chicken so it’s lightly coated with the sauce.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook 5-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the cauliflower is crisp tender.
- Take the pan out of the oven and transfer the thighs to a plate (BE CAREFUL the pan handle will be HOT).
- Place the skillet on stove and add minced garlic and lemon juice. Cook on medium heat for about 30 seconds scraping up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan and stirring the cauliflower.
- Add chicken back to the pan and mix it with the sauce, cooking for another 15-30 seconds.
- Serve on plates with cauliflower on the side, garnished with fresh parsley.
- Serve it alone or with sautéed spinach or roasted potatoes for a more complete meal.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: lemon chicken, garlic chicken, lemon anchovy sauce
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Eat Well Enjoy Life