A flavorful one pan vegan meal with a rainbow of vegetable in creamy lentil sauce. High in protein.
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon Madras curry powder or organic curry powder
- 3/4 cup red lentils
- 4 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups sweet potato, cut into 3/4 inch cubes (1 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 1/2 cups string beans, cut into 1 ½” lengths (1/2 pound)
- 3/4 cup zucchini, cut into 3/4” cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, more to taste
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, more to taste
- Fresh cilantro, for serving
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Melt ghee or oil in a large sauté pan.
- Add onions, saute on medium low for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and ginger, sauté stirring occasionally, 1 minute.
- Add, curry powder and turmeric. Sauté, stirring until spices are fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add the lentils and water, bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, COVER and simmer on medium/low 8-10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are almost tender. Stir occasionally.
- Add string beans and salt. Stir and cook 3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, cook 2 minutes more.
- Add zucchini, cook 2 minutes until vegetables are tender but not soft.
- Turn off the heat. Stir in coconut milk. Add lime juice.
- Taste to adjust salt and lime juice.
- Serve topped with chopped cilantro and lime wedges.
Change up the vegetables according to what is in your refrigerator but keep the sweet potatoes for rich texture and sweet taste.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Dish, Indian
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free,
Keywords: indian vegetables, coconut lentils, vegan main dish, vegetarian, high protein