This Cozy Mushroom Vegetable Soup is full of mushrooms, hearty fall vegetables and kale.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1small red onion, peeled and diced (1 cup)
- 1 cup carrots, cut into small chunks (2 medium carrots)
- 1 cup celery, diced (2 ribs celery)
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks (1 large )
- 3 cups baby bella mushrooms, sliced (10 ounces)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 cups chicken, (homemade) or vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 cups of kale, roughly chopped with thick stems removed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large stockpot over medium-low heat. Add onion carrots and celery and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for an additional 1minute, stirring occasionally, until fragrant.
- Add in the mushrooms, bay leaf and Italian seasoning. Stir to coat mushrooms with the seasonings.
- Add sweet potatoes and broth, raise the heat to high, cooking until the soup reaches a simmer. Then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are just getting tender (don’t let them get too soft), stirring occasionally.
- Add the coconut milk and kale to the soup and stir to combine. Cook 3-4 minutes until kale is wilted.
- Add pepper and additional salt or Italian seasoning to taste.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition information is with chicken broth.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Whole30
Keywords: mushroom soup, vegetable soup,