This Paleo Pumpkin Bread has a perfect tender, moist texture loaded with sweet pumpkin spice. Hearty enough to serve alone for breakfast or toasted with nut butter.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (224 grams)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour (60 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin spice
- 2 large organic, pastured eggs
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree (246 grams)*
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (56 grams), plus more for greasing the pan
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
- Sift almond flour with tapioca flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer on medium speed, mix together the eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar (if using) and vanilla. Mix until just combined, don’t over mix.
- Add the flour mixture to the bowl and mix with the hand mixer until evenly combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and cook for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes, remove from the pan and slice.
- Store leftovers covered at room temperature for a few days. Slice and freeze for longer term storage.
Use the remainder of the pumpkin pure in a Pumpkin Pie Green Smoothie. It’s enough to make one smoothie.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Keywords: pumpkin bread, gluten-free bread, paleo bread