This is my version of the classic pumpkin pie smoothie you can find all over the internet. I have been making it for my son and his fiancé every day while visiting with them here in Boulder. They love it, can’t believe it tastes so good.
This delicious Pumpkin Pie Green Smoothie is full of alkaline greens and tastes like pumpkin pie. What a great way to get greens into your body.
The coconut milk makes it rich and creamy. Coconut milk is full of good fat that makes you feel full and revs up your metabolism to burn fat.
Pumpkin is packed with all the vitamin A you need for the day, plus vitamin C, calcium and iron. The greens flood your body with alkalizing minerals.
The chia seeds provide protein and help keep your cells hydrated. This pumpkin pie smoothie is nutritious and really delicious.Print
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds soaked in 1 1/2 cups of water for 30 minutes
- 1 cup organic canned pumpkin (BPA free can)
- ½ cup organic full fat coconut milk (BPA free can)
- 2 large handfuls organic spinach
- ½ cup organic parsley leaves or stems ( I save my stems for smoothies)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (adjust for your own taste)
- 2 Tb organic grade B maple syrup or 6 drops liquid stevia to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put all ingredients into the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add more water if you like it thinner, I like it thick and creamy
- Taste to adjust spice and sweetness
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Paleo