- 1 cup ground almonds or nut pulp from making almond milk
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup shredded coconut for finishing the treats
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder for finishing the treats
- If using whole almond, grind into a coarse meal in a food processor.
- Put nut pulp, ¼ cup cacao powder, maple syrup and vanilla into a bowl.
- Mix until everything is smooth.
- Refrigerate until mixture is firm.
- Put the finishing cacao and coconut into 2 small separate bowls
- Use about 1 tablespoon of the mix for each ball. Roll into a small ball with your hands.
- Place into the coconut or cacao powder and roll around to coat the outside.
- Alternate for variety.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freeze. They tend to be a bit soft at room temperature.
- You can store them for months in the freezer, take out what you need and let thaw at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before eating.
- Category: Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free