Do you ever wonder what to do with the pulp left over from making almond milk? Here I use it in one of my favorite recipes Raw Cacao Almond Treats. It’s an easy to make healthy snack or dessert. Also an excellent source of quick energy for active people and athletes.
Raw almonds are full of healthy fats and digestible proteins. They are a probiotic which means they stimulate the growth of healthy microflora (beneficial bacteria and yeast) that populate your large intestine.
Tahini is a nutritional powerhouse containing all the essential amino acids making it a high-quality protein. Tahini is easily digested because of its non-acidic nature.
Raw cacao is high in fiber, antioxidants, magnesium and has protein as well.
This recipe is a great way to use up the pulp from making almond milk. If you don’t make almond milk use 1 cup of ground nuts. I highly recommend making almond milk. It is easy to make and delicious in chia pudding or smoothies.
The recipe is easy, put nut pulp, ¼ cup cacao powder, maple syrup, tahini and vanilla into a bowl. Mix with a fork and scraper until everything is smooth. Put the finishing cacao and coconut into small bowls. Use about 1 Tb of the mix for each ball. Roll into small balls, then roll into the coconut or cacao powder. Use both coatings for variety.Print
- If using whole almond, grind into a coarse meal in a food processor.
- Put nut pulp, ¼ cup cacao powder, maple syrup and vanilla into a bowl.
- Mix until everything is smooth.
- Refrigerate until mixture is firm.
- Put the finishing cacao and coconut into 2 small separate bowls
- Use about 1 tablespoon of the mix for each ball. Roll into a small ball with your hands.
- Place into the coconut or cacao powder and roll around to coat the outside.
- Alternate for variety.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freeze. They tend to be a bit soft at room temperature.
- You can store them for months in the freezer, take out what you need and let thaw at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before eating.
- Prep Time: 20
- Category: Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free