We all experience cravings in our lives sometimes more than others. Often we are fine all day but when night falls the craving beast gets out. I have found having a few tools in place will help me to either it let go or if I do give in at least get satisfaction so the craving is gone. Here is a list of techniques I use:
- Drink a glass of water or tea with some stevia. Often we mistake thirst for a craving
- Have a snack with some good fat and protein like a handful of almonds or an avocado Have a mineral rich green juice or smoothie
which will flood your body with energy
- Enjoy a cup of Healthy Hot Chocolate ( see recipes )
- Have a Sweet Romaine Wrap (see recipe below)
- Go for a walk, or take a bubble bath, put on some music and dance, call a friend. Do anything to change shift your energy or
- Swish your mouth with some natural minty mouthwash. This sends the signal to your brain that the eating center is closed for now.
- Make sure you are getting enough sleep, when you are sleep deprived your metabolism slows down and you start craving sweets or
- First know you can eat it if you want. I recommend doing EFT tapping before you give in. See video above. Click for Tapping Points .
- If after tapping you feel you must give in decide with full awareness what you want, get the best version of it, sit down light a candle, smell it, taste it, savor every bite loving it. This will register satisfaction in your brain. Don’t stand in front of the refrigerator
stuffing it into your mouth. If you really want say ice cream and you decide you are going to have it make sure your brain is participating in the experience of having it this will ultimately free you.
What To Do When The Cravings Don’t Stop
You also may have hidden food allergies causing these cravings. For more long term results, I have discovered by eliminating all sugar and inflammatory foods for a short time almost all of my food cravings go away in a few days. Removing these foods for 5 days completely
The Nourishing Foods Detox Program starting Jan 9 is an opportunity to be guided to learn what to eat
& how to prepare delicious nutritious food that will inspire you to nourish yourself and remove your cravings. This program will take you long beyond your 5 days of cleansing. This is a program to hit the reset button on your diet
so you can improve your digestion, boost your immunity and feel nourished and
physically fit for the upcoming year.
Here’s your chance to clean up, clean out & feel great in just 5 days!
If you find yourself saying “YES” I want to feel that way, hit the button below to register now.