This Roasted Broccoli Salad has tender roasted broccoli, fresh kale, crisp bits of bacon and tangy lemon. It’s easy, healthy and incredibly delicious!
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- Olive oil
- Celtic sea salt
- 2–4 slices bacon, cut into small-medium pieces (if your bacon is thick cut it smaller)
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 cups kale, stems removed, thinly sliced
- Lemon juice to taste
- Celtic salt, pepper and olive oil to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment for easy cleanup.
- Place broccoli on one side of the sheet pan. Drizzle broccoli with a little olive oil, sprinkle with salt and toss to coat.
- Place bacon and shallots on the other side of the sheet pan.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Check the bacon to ensure it’s cooking evenly and not burning.
- Turn the broccoli to brown evenly.
- Roast 10-15 minutes more until broccoli and bacon are nice and browned.*
- Immediately add the kale while everything is hot, mixing so it wilts.
- Transfer broccoli, bacon, shallots and kale to serving platter.
- Add lemon juice salt, pepper, and olive oil to taste.
- You can eat this hot or cold or room temp.
If your broccoli is brown and the bacon not crisp enough, remove the broccoli and continue to cook the bacon until done. Don’t let the broccoli burn. The time will depend on the thickness of your bacon and the size you cut the pieces.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Salad, Side Dish
- Method: Roast, Chop
- Cuisine: Paleo, Gluten-Free, Keto, Whole30
Keywords: Roasted Broccoli Salad, Roasted Broccoli