A quick and easy recipe of delicious roasted sweet potatoes with a choice of spices.
- 2 large organic sweet potatoes, 1 ½ – 2 pounds
- olive oil or coconut oil
- Celtic sea salt & fresh pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven for 5-10 minutes while you prepare the sweet potatoes, you want the pan to be very hot.
- Prepare the potatoes: If they are organic you can wash them thoroughly and leave the skin on. If not peel them.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into chunks or fries
- In a large bowl toss sweet potatoes with just enough oil to coat.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and smoked paprika
- Take the pan out of the oven
- Spread sweet potatoes in single layer on the hot baking sheet, being sure not to overcrowd.
- Bake until sweet potatoes are tender and golden brown, turning every 10 minutes so they brown evenly, about 30 minutes.
Optional spices: Mix together these flavorful and healing digestive spices together in a bowl and add to the potatoes instead of the smoked paprika
1 tsp ground coriander
1 ½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground fennel
pinch of cayenne
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free
Keywords: roasted sweet potatoes,