I enjoy sweet potatoes frequently for dinner with a large salad mixed. If I have leftover chicken I will add it to the salad or sometimes canned wild salmon.
Sweet potatoes are filling, satisfying and nutritious. I love this easy dinner especially when I am tired and don’t want to cook much.
You can cut them like French fries or into chunks. Either way they are delicious.
The same recipe can also be made with butternut squash.Print
A quick and easy recipe of delicious roasted sweet potatoes with a choice of spices. The recipe can also be made with butternut squash.
- 2 large organic sweet potatoes, 1 ½ – 2 pounds
- olive oil or coconut oil
- Celtic sea salt & fresh pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven for 5-10 minutes while you prepare the sweet potatoes, you want the pan to be very hot.
- Prepare the potatoes: If they are organic you can wash them thoroughly and leave the skin on. If not peel them.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into chunks or fries.
- In a large bowl toss sweet potatoes with just enough oil to coat.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and smoked paprika
- Take the pan out of the oven.
- Spread sweet potatoes in single layer on the hot baking sheet, being sure not to overcrowd.
- Bake until sweet potatoes are tender and golden brown, turning every 10 minutes so they brown evenly, about 30 minutes.
Optional spices: Mix together these flavorful and healing digestive spices together in a bowl and add to the potatoes instead of the smoked paprika
1 tsp ground coriander
1 ½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground fennel
pinch of cayenne
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free
Keywords: roasted sweet potatoes,