This Southwestern Black Bean Salad tastes amazing, is incredibly beautiful and SUPER healthy. It’s the perfect dish to make up in advance to keep in the fridge for busy weeks.
- 15-ounce can black beans, no salt added, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup COOKED quinoa (red or tri-color is best)
- 1 cup fresh corn (optional)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped (1 small)
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango, peach or avocado*
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea Salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Mix together the beans, quinoa, corn, bell pepper, mango, onion, and jalapeño in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder and salt.
- Pour over the bean mixture and toss.
- Add cilantro and taste to adjust seasonings.
- Serve or refrigerate.
- It will keep 3 or 5 days in the refrigerator.
If using avocado don’t mix it in, serve it on top, it will not hold up as long as the rest of the salad.
This recipe is adapted from The Plant-Powered Diet
Nutrition information is with corn and mango.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad, Side Dish
- Method: Chopping, Mixing
- Cuisine: Vegan, Southwestern
Keywords: Mexican salad, Quinoa salad with black beans and mango, Southwestern Black Bean, Quinoa and Mango Salad