Spinach Egg Drop Soup is a great breakfast to fortify your body and keep your nervous system calm. Eating it makes you happy and it only takes 3 minutes!
- 1 pastured egg
- 2 cups bone broth or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (use a microplane to grate your ginger)
- 2 cups spinach, coarsely chopped
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cultured sauerkraut (optional)
- In a small bowl, beat the egg. Set aside.
- Add broth and ginger to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer, add spinach and cook until wilted, about 30 seconds.
- Slowly stream in the beaten egg while stirring the soup in one direction.
- Turn off the heat.
- Pour into a bowl. Season with salt to taste.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Serve with sauerkraut on the side.
For a thicker soup use 1½ cups broth or 2 eggs.
Nutrition information is with 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of sauerkraut.
- Category: Breakfast, Soup
- Cuisine: Paleo, Gluten Free, Vegetarian Option
Keywords: spinach, soup, egg drop