This is a delightful sweet-tart dessert you can enjoy alone or with someone you love, topped with yogurt or whipped cream.
- 2 cups rhubarb, about 3 stalks cut into 2” pieces
- 2 cups organic strawberries, cut in half
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia leaves to taste (optional)
- Cut up rhubarb and strawberries and put into a saucepan on medium low.
- Add honey, maple syrup and stevia (if using).
- Mix to combine.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Watch the pot carefully, stir to prevent from burning.
- Turn heat down to very low. Cover, cook for 5 minutes, until rhubarb releases liquid.
- Remove cover, stir and simmer, still on very low, for 3-5 minutes more until strawberries are tender but not mushy.
- Serve warm or chilled topped with yogurt, coconut yogurt or whipped cream.
Nutrition information is without any toppings.
- Category: Dessert, Breakfast
- Cuisine: Paleo, Vegan, Dairy Free