This salad is easy to make, fresh, colorful, vitamin rich and oh so delicious. It’s the perfect summer lunch or dinner salad.
- ¼ medium red onion very thinly sliced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, divided
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup peaches, peeled and cut into 1” cubes
- 1 medium avocado, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels cut off the cob (do this in a bowl so it isn’t a mess)
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup cilantro, parsley or basil – you can decide which flavor you like, I used cilantro
- Arugula, (about 3 cups ) just enough to cover the bottom of 2 plates
- Put sliced onions into a shallow bowl. Cover with apple cider vinegar and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Mix, let sit, make sure the onion is covered by the vinegar. Set aside to marinate while you wash and cut the other ingredients. 15 minutes will be enough but up to 1 hour is fine.
- In a medium bowl mix together the tomatoes, peaches, avocado and corn.
- Take the onions out of the vinegar and add them to the tomato mix. Mix gently.
- Put the vinegar from the marinating onions into a small bowl. Add another ¼ teaspoon salt, red pepper flakes, stir to dissolve.
- Whisk in the olive oil with a fork so the dressing emulsifies.
- Add cilantro, or your herb of choice, to the salad.
- Pour in the dressing and mix.
- Spread the arugula on 2 plates. Top with tomato, peach, avocado salad.
- Serve immediately. Yum!
- Store extra peach, avocado salad in the refrigerator separate from the arugula for 1 day.
- Category: Salad, Side Dish
- Cuisine: Seasonal, Vegan, Healthy, Raw
Keywords: peach, tomato, salad, avocado