This Tomato Peach and Avocado Salad is easy, fresh, colorful, vitamin rich and oh so delicious. Get the ingredients at your local farmers market now while they’re in season.
Just returned from the farmers market with so many fantastic vegetables and fruits. I put together this salad from what I picked up. I already had the avocado and I generally keep those around to add to my lunch salad. It keeps me satisfied throughout the afternoon.
Corn can be eaten raw and studies have shown it may be easier to digest this way. Cut the corn off of the cob while resting it inside a bowl.
I don’t usually like raw onions but when marinated they become sweet and flavorful. I marinate them in ACV and Celtic sea salt for 15 minutes.
This is a summertime delight. Enjoy it now. Please leave me a comment below. I always love hearing from you.Print
- ¼ medium red onion very thinly sliced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, divided
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup peaches, peeled and cut into 1” cubes
- 1 medium avocado, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 ear corn, kernels cut off the cob (do this in a bowl so it isn’t a mess)
- ¼ cup cilantro, parsley or basil – you can decide which flavor you like, I used cilantro
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Arugula, (about 2 cups ) just enough to cover the bottom of 2 plates
- Put sliced onions into a shallow bowl. Cover with apple cider vinegar and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Mix, let sit, make sure the onion is covered by the vinegar. Set aside to marinate while you wash and cut the other ingredients. 15 minutes will be enough but up to 1 hour is fine.
- In a medium bowl mix together the tomatoes, peaches, avocado and corn.
- Take the onions out of the vinegar and add them to the tomato mix. Mix gently
- Put the vinegar from the marinating onions into a small bowl. Add another ¼ teaspoon salt, red pepper flakes, stir to dissolve.
- Whisk in the olive oil with a fork so the dressing emulsifies.
- Add cilantro to the tomatoes.
- Pour in the dressing and mix.
- Put arugula on 2 plates. Top with tomato, peach, avocado salad.
- Serve immediately. Yum!
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Seasonal, Vegan, Healthy, Raw