This Tomato Peach Avocado Salad is easy, fresh, colorful, vitamin rich and oh so delicious. It’s the perfect summer salad to make with the fresh produce from your farmers market.
I just returned from the farmers market with so many fantastic vegetables and fruits. I put together this salad from what I picked up; peaches, cherry tomatoes, arugula and corn
I already had the avocado. I generally keep those around to add to my lunch salad. The protein and fat in it keeps me satisfied throughout the afternoon.
Corn can be eaten raw and studies have shown it may be easier to digest this way. Cut the corn off of the cob while resting it inside a bowl.
I don’t usually like raw onions but when marinated they become sweet and flavorful. In this salad I marinate them in ACV and Celtic sea salt for 15 minutes.
Then I mix the vinegar they were marinated in with extra virgin olive oil for an easy summer dressing.
Arugula’s aromatic, peppery flavor adds a wonderful dimension to a salad. It’s a super hydrating vegetable that’s part of the brassica family along with broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage.
Arugula is good for your bones, helps reduce inflammation, and cleanses and detoxifies your body.
Arugula is high in most B vitamins and especially high amounts of folate which keeps your brain sharp. Some people say it’s an aphrodisiac.
“The rocket (arugula) excites the sexual desire of drowsy people.”
—From a poem by Virgil, one of Rome’s greatest poets
This is a summertime delight, hearty, colorful, nutrient dense, fresh, satisfying and delicious.
It a perfect meal for lunch or appetizer for dinner.
If you like this summer salad you make like these too:
Please leave me a comment below. I always love hearing from you.Print
This salad is easy to make, fresh, colorful, vitamin rich and oh so delicious. It’s the perfect summer lunch or dinner salad.
- ¼ medium red onion very thinly sliced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, divided
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup peaches, peeled and cut into 1” cubes
- 1 medium avocado, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels cut off the cob (do this in a bowl so it isn’t a mess)
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup cilantro, parsley or basil – you can decide which flavor you like, I used cilantro
- Arugula, (about 3 cups ) just enough to cover the bottom of 2 plates
- Put sliced onions into a shallow bowl. Cover with apple cider vinegar and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Mix, let sit, make sure the onion is covered by the vinegar. Set aside to marinate while you wash and cut the other ingredients. 15 minutes will be enough but up to 1 hour is fine.
- In a medium bowl mix together the tomatoes, peaches, avocado and corn.
- Take the onions out of the vinegar and add them to the tomato mix. Mix gently.
- Put the vinegar from the marinating onions into a small bowl. Add another ¼ teaspoon salt, red pepper flakes, stir to dissolve.
- Whisk in the olive oil with a fork so the dressing emulsifies.
- Add cilantro, or your herb of choice, to the salad.
- Pour in the dressing and mix.
- Spread the arugula on 2 plates. Top with tomato, peach, avocado salad.
- Serve immediately. Yum!
- Store extra peach, avocado salad in the refrigerator separate from the arugula for 1 day.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Category: Salad, Side Dish
- Cuisine: Seasonal, Vegan, Healthy, Raw
Keywords: peach, tomato, salad, avocado