These Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and chewy, full of chocolate, delightfully sweet and easy to make. They’re also paleo and gluten-free.
- 1 flax egg (1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 2 1/2 Tablespoons water, let sit 15 minutes)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil, at room temperature, solid but softened, (56 grams)
- 1/4 cup smooth almond butter (64 grams)
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed blanched almond flour (112 grams)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour (32 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Prepare the flax egg as described above and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl sift together the almond and arrowroot flours, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer on medium high, cream together the almond butter and coconut oil until smooth.
- Add the maple syrup, coconut sugar, and vanilla. Beat on medium high until very smooth.
- Add in the flax egg and beat on low until fully combined.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture on low, beating just until a sticky cookie dough forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, then chill the mixture in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the cookie dough onto a cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. You should get 12 cookies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 11-12 minutes or until cookies are set in the center and beginning to brown around the edges. They will be very soft but don’t over-bake to maintain a chewy texture.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 30 minutes to cool completely.
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-free
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip cookies