These cookies are soft and chewy, filled with melt in your mouth chocolate chips. They’re everything you want in a cookie but healthier; refined sugar free, dairy free, paleo and gluten-free. I love serving these cookies to my family or at a party. They taste so good nobody even knows they’re healthy cookies.
I created these cookies based on my very popular Soft and Chewy Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are sooooo… good and I love them but many people, including my daughter-in-law, don’t eat diary. Since I wanted them to be dairy free I decided to go all the way and make them vegan too.
So I went to work and started testing different recipes with coconut oil, a flax egg and different types of flour. I wanted to make a chewy, egg-free paleo and vegan chocolate chip cookie.
Testing cookies is really fun. Each time I tweak it a bit to get the right texture. We are experiencing an incredible amount of joy and satisfaction as we taste all the variations.
It’s a thick, chewy cookie almost as delicious and magical as the chocolate chip cookies made with butter and eggs. My family loved them!
I recommend using a kitchen scale to weigh the ingredients. It’s easier and you get a much more accurate measurement. Baking is chemistry, accuracy counts. If you don’t have a scale you can still make the recipe, use dry measuring cups for the, almond butter, coconut oil and flours.
These cookies benefit from a brief 10-minute chill before baking. They are a little easier to scoop and bake better when chilled. But if you’re in a hurry go ahead and bake.
It is really important to let the cookies sit for 30 minutes after they come out of the oven to firm up. I know it’s hard to wait but it’s key. Take them out of the oven when they’re still soft and slightly brown on the edges so they’ll have a chewy texture.
These cookies will give you great pleasure. As you’re eating these chocolate chip cookies with love and appreciation, you’re in a high vibration, connected to your True Self.
Enjoy the smell, texture and taste. Feel the satisfaction you get from eating them. When you love them and savor each bite your digestion and metabolism improve. Satisfaction connects you to Source energy.
Get on board with your choice and love yourself fully as you eat the cookies.
These Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and chewy, full of chocolate, delightfully sweet and easy to make.
Cookies are the sweetest little bit of comfort food. They are very bite-sized and personal.
~Sandra Lee, celebrity cooking show host
If you give this recipe a try, please let us know what you think! Leave a comment or rate it.
Also please take a picture and tag it #eat_well_enjoy_life on instagram so we can see! We love seeing your photos especially desserts.
Would you like to have more of these delicious healthy recipes sent to you each week? CLICK TO SIGN UP for my weekly email newsletter of recipes and tips for you to eat well and enjoy your wonderful life.
If you like this recipe try these other delicious cookies:
- Soft and Chewy Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Triple Ginger Paleo Gingerbread Cookies
- Paleo Thumbprint Cookies 2 Ways
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Eat Well Enjoy Life.Print
These Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and chewy, full of chocolate, delightfully sweet and easy to make. They’re also paleo and gluten-free.
- 1 flax egg (1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 2 1/2 Tablespoons water, let sit 15 minutes)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil, at room temperature, solid but softened, (56 grams)
- 1/4 cup smooth almond butter (64 grams)
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed blanched almond flour (112 grams)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour (32 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Prepare the flax egg as described above and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl sift together the almond and arrowroot flours, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer on medium high, cream together the almond butter and coconut oil until smooth.
- Add the maple syrup, coconut sugar, and vanilla. Beat on medium high until very smooth.
- Add in the flax egg and beat on low until fully combined.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture on low, beating just until a sticky cookie dough forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, then chill the mixture in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the cookie dough onto a cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. You should get 12 cookies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 11-12 minutes or until cookies are set in the center and beginning to brown around the edges. They will be very soft but don’t over-bake to maintain a chewy texture.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 30 minutes to cool completely.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-free
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip cookies