There are so many great vegetables in my garden so I made this delicious alternative to regular pasta perfect for a summer dinner. This “spaghetti” is completely raw, full of enzymes, gluten free and easy to make
4 servings as a side dish
For the “Spaghetti”
2 small zucchini julienned with a julienne peeler, spiralizer or mandoline
1 pint grape tomatoes cut into quarters
6 snap peas cut in half vertically
4 small leaves Swiss chard cut into thin strips
4 sun dried tomatoes soaked to soften, cut into stripss as a main dish
For the Pesto Sauce:
1 cup cashews (soaked if possible for 4 hours)
2 Tb lemon juice
1 tsp Celitc Sea Salt
1 clove garlic
1 Tb nutritional yeast
1 cup basil leaves
4 oz mixed greens or arugula
- Put zucchini into a bowl with the tomatoes, snap peas, Swiss chard and sun dried tomatoes
- Put soaked cashews into a food processor or blender
- Add lemon juice, Celtic salt, garlic and nutritional yeast
- Blend with a little water to get it started.
- Add half the basil and blend until smooth. Add more water if necessary.
- Add the rest of the basil. Blend until the basil is in fine pieces.
- Toss half the sauce with the “spaghetti”.
- Serve immediately on a bed of greens with a little extra sauce on the top