This Balancing Lemon Garlic Herb Crusted Salmon is easy to prepare and only takes 10 minutes to cook but elegant enough to make you feel special. You’ll love that it’s full of healthy fat that satisfies you, reduces inflammation and balances your blood sugar.
After the holiday festivities I look forward to eating food that restores my physical and emotional balance. Do you know healthy fats are the antidote to sugar cravings?
It’s fine to indulge between Thanksgiving and New Years as long as you return to eating nutrient-dense food that supports your well-being once the holidays are over. This Balancing Lemon Garlic Herb Crusted Salmon will do that for you. It’s an incredibly delicious dish that’s really simple to make.
Healthy Fats Are Beneficial
Wild caught salmon is one of the most nutrient-dense foods in the world. It contains high amounts of Omega 3’s, a natural anti-inflammatory food.
These healthy Omega 3 fats also boost your metabolism, fill you up and prevent sugar cravings.
Omega-3-rich foods like salmon improve our brain function, especially memory. We need that for healthy aging. As we travel through the decades it’s important to feed our brain plenty of good fat. Salmon also contains Vitamin D and selenium which help protect the nervous system and improve our mood.
Why I Like Butter
I like to make this dish with grass-fed butter. Do you know butter is a healthy food? For years we were told butter was a ‘villain’ to be avoided. But it’s just not true. Butter is not linked to heart disease and diabetes.
Butter improves your body’s immunity, it aids the absorption of the fat-soluble vitamins A and D. Grass-fed butter has high levels of butyric acid, a health-promoting acid that reduces inflammation.
Butter contains MCT’s (medium-chain triglycerides) which helps the body burn fat. The MCTs are converted immediately into fuel for your body’s muscles and organs. They don’t turn into fat, instead, they turn into energy. Since they are very satisfying, you eat less making it easier to lose those extra holiday pounds.
If butter isn’t part of your eating plan, this dish can be made with ghee or olive oil. Both are healthy and delicious.
Increasing the intake of healthy fat helps you lose weight, and reduces your need for carbs. As you increase your fat intake, reducing the carbs encourages your body to burn fat for energy.
Tips to Make Lemon Garlic Herb Crusted Salmon
To make this dish, melt the butter, add the chopped garlic, herbs, lemon, salt, and pepper. Pour it over the salmon and sprinkle with a little almond flour. The almond flour makes a nice brown crust. Put it into a broiler or oven for 10 minutes and you have a beautiful dish.
I like to mash the garlic with the salt, using the side of a chef’s knife, to make it into a paste. Click here to see how to do it. It spreads better over the salmon. But chopping it also works.
I love this recipe and hope you make it often. It’s one of those go-to recipes to have as part of your cooking repertoire. You can use other fish besides salmon too!
Isn’t it great when you can cook EASY, delicious food that makes you feel so good?
You may also like these other delicious fish recipes:
If you give this recipe a try, please let us know what you think! Give it some stars or leave a comment. ♥
Would you like to have more of these delicious healthy recipes sent to you each week? CLICK TO SIGN UP for my weekly email newsletter of recipes and tips for you to eat well and enjoy your wonderful life.Print
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 3 tablespoons grass fed butter, ghee or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- dash of black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds wild salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons almond flour
- Preheat broiler on high or oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop garlic, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and mash with the side of a chef’s knife until you have a puree. Alternately just finely chop the garlic.
- Melt butter or ghee in a small sauté pan. Remove from the heat.
- Add garlic, lemon juice, parsley, dill, and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Place the salmon fillet on broiling pan or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Using a spoon, spread the lemon-herb mixture evenly over the top of the fillet.
- Sprinkle with the almond flour.
- Broil on the middle rack for 8-10 minutes, or until salmon is almost cooked through for medium rare. It should still be a little pink in the middle, as it will continue to cook once removed from the oven. If you like salmon more well-done leave it to cook a few more minutes but turn the temperature down to 400 degrees so the top doesn’t burn. This method gives you a nice crunchy, caramelized crust.
- Alternately the fish can be baked in a 400-degree oven on the top rack for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free Option
- Cuisine: Healthy, American
If you want to recover your balance on a deeper level, please join us for the Nourishing Foods Winter Adrenal Cleanse. You’ll soothe your overworked, precious little adrenal glands and start 2018 lean, light and energized.