Everyday we are faced with the question “what’s for dinner?” This time of year, especially when we are busy preparing for the holidays, we need something quick, easy and delicious. A simple sautéed fish recipe provides a perfect answer. Every cook needs a simple fish recipe in their repertoire.
In this recipe the fish is nearly naked, adorned with nothing more than butter, garlic and parsley. The idea is to accentuate, not mask, the straight from the sea fresh fish taste. Choose the freshest fish you can find. It should smell like the sea but not at all “fishy”.
I create a simple sauce using GRASS FED BUTTER. Despite having been demonized in the past, real grass-fed butter is one of the healthiest fats on the planet. Butter from grass fed cows is a good source of heart healthy nutrients. It includes the fatty acid CLA (conjugated linoleic acid). Studies show CLA reduces body fat, cardiovascular diseases and cancer, and modulates immune and inflammatory responses as well as improves bone mass. (2, 3). Read my full blog post about it here. You can substitute extra virgin olive oil to make the sauce but it won’t have the creaminess of butter.
Fillets are delicate, moving them around will break them up. Don’t handle them too much and only flip them once while they are still firm.
Enjoy this simple dish anytime you want a quick dinner. Serve with vegetables on the side.Print
- 8–12 ounces skinless white fish fillets
- Celtic sea salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons grass fed unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Rinse the fish fillets and blot dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter in wide sauté pan over medium low heat. Once butter has begun to foam, place the fish into the pan.
- Add garlic. Sauté 1 minute without disturbing the fish.
- Tilt the pan toward you and using a spoon, ladle the garlic butter over the fish. Continue to sauté while basting the fish for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a spatula, gently flip fish. Reduce heat to low, cover pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Uncover pan, and continue basting fish with butter until it is just cooked through, another minute or two.
- Add 3 tablespoons of parsley and turn off the heat.
- Transfer fish onto a platter or individual plates. Tilt pan and spoon butter sauce evenly over fillets.
- Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon parsley and lemon juice.
- Category: Main Dish, Fish
- Cuisine: Paleo, Healthy, Gluten Free