This creamy rich Chocolate Pumpkin Tart tastes so good you won’t believe its gluten free, dairy free, paleo and doesn’t even need to be baked. It’s really easy to make and your whole family will love it.
I wanted to make a dessert which was delicious and healthy.
I don’t like to eat too many nuts so I created this vegan tart with pumpkin, raw cacao, maple syrup and coconut oil. The only nuts are in the crust.
The filling is nice and creamy. It’s an almost raw dessert. The only thing cooked is the pumpkin.
I made 2 and brought 1 to a party. Everyone loved it. I didn’t tell them it was a healthy dessert until it was all gone…hee hee.
Photos updated November 2017. This is the old photo. I’ve learned so much since I first began.
This creamy rich Chocolate Pumpkin Tart tastes so good you won’t believe its gluten free, dairy free, paleo and doesn’t even need to be baked.
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, coarsely chopped (5–6 Medjool dates)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
- Process the nuts, in a food processor, until they are very fine.
- Add the dates, cacao powder and salt.
- Process until it is sticky.
- Press into an 8-inch tart pan.
- Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
To decorate, dust with cacao powder sprinkled through a very fine strainer.
The cooking time indicated is actually chilling time.
- Category: Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Paleo
- Cuisine: American, Healthy
Keywords: pumpkin tart, chocolate pumpkin tart
- This post is shared with Whole New Mom, Allergy Free Wednesday, Gluten Free Mom, Gluten Free Wednesday, Healing With Food Fridays