Since I am starting my cleanse tomorrow I thought I would make something rich and delicious my last night . My significant other will be able to eat this for a few days too. He likes to eat the cleanse dishes and have some of his regular food along with it. The cleanse dishes are tasty enough to be enjoyed by everyone.
Even though I don’t eat very much dairy, I make this recipe occasionally because it is easy and incredibly delicious. There is a minimum amount of dairy which makes a nice crisp coating on the chicken. If you don’t eat dairy use full fat coconut milk.
Marinating chicken in yogurt with spices is a traditional recipe from India which turns chicken into a soft and supple delight. In India they cook it in a clay oven but your kitchen oven works fine. You can assemble the marinade in minutes. I like to put it into the marinade in the morning and cook it at dinner. If you didn’t prepare early in the day you can just marinade it for 30 minutes and it will be great.
In the picture above I only used thighs but I have made it with breasts also, either one or a combination is perfect. I often make this dish for a party because everyone loves it. It is great cold the next day for lunch.
Gluten Free, Paleo and Diary Free (if using coconut milk) PRINT RECIPE
2 lb organic, free range chicken breasts and thighs, with bones and skin
Celtic Salt & pepper
1 cup plain organic whole yogurt or full fat coconut milk
2 Tb fresh ginger minced
2 large cloves garlic minced
1 TB madras curry powder
- In a bowl, combine yogurt or coconut milk with the ginger, garlic and curry powder
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Add chicken and mix until thoroughly coated.
- Marinate for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours in the refrigerator. Any long than 12 hours will make the chicken mushy.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Put chicken onto a rimed baking pan.
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Roast for about 35-40 minutes until chicken is cooked through and brown on top. Serve