Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Vegan (if using coconut oil), Paleo
1 cup walnuts or pecans coarsely chopped
1 ¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Baking Flour
4 Tb melted butter or coconut oil if you are vegan
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 cups blueberries
1/2 cup organic maple syrup or other sweetener
3 TB arrowroot
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Melt butter or coconut oil and add vanilla.
- Mix walnuts with flour.
- Pour butter over walnut mixture and mix gently. Be careful not to over mix.
- Mix maple syrup and arrowroot.
- Pour over blueberries.
- Mix so maple syrup is evenly distributed.
- Put into a 6 cup baking dish.
- Top with walnut mixture. Cover evenly as possible
- Bake on the top half of the oven for 30- 45 minutes or until the topping is lightly brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Let cool slightly and serve.
This will hold for 2 days at room temperature or 4 days in the refrigerator.