Some of my clients like a cereal type of breakfast to feel satisfied. Chia pudding is a good substitute for cereal which is high in carbohydrates even if it is a natural cereal. Satisfaction is so important in our lives. I recommend to ask yourself before you eat “what will satisfy me right” then follow your inner guidance.
7 BENEFITS OF CHIA SEEDS
- CONSTIPATION, ACID REFLUX Chia is good for the digestive system because it is a hydrophilic colloid. ( a watery, gelatinous, glue-like substance which form the underlying elements of all living cells)These hydrophilic colloid properties aid in the digestion of any foods that cause suffering from a sour stomach. If Chia seeds are part of your regular diet you will begin to tolerate many foods which now cause you discomfort. You get better assimilation of food and better hydration necessary for proper elimination.
- PREVENTION OF SUGAR HIGHS & LOWS The gel from Chia that is formed in the stomach creates a physical barrier between carbohydrates and the digestive enzymes that break them down so the conversion of carbohydrates to sugar is slowed down.
- WEIGHT LOSS They slow down the absorption of carbs to control the appetite and reduce cravings. They make you feel full because they absorb 10x their weight in water forming a bulky gel.
- HYDRATION Many modern day long distance runners use these regularly. Since it can absorb more than 10 times its weight in water it has the ability to prolong hydration. With Chia you retain moisture and regulate the absorption of nutrients and body fluids thus maintaining the electrolyte balance. Fluid and electrolyte imbalances occur most commonly from sweating but also from vomiting, diarrhea and high fever.
- MUSCLE REGENERATION for ATHLETES Protein from Chia is absorbed very easily this results in rapid development of tissue and growth and regeneration of tissue. This makes it great for children, adolescents and pregnant women.
- HIGH IN OMEGA 3 Unlike flax seed the oils from chia can be stored without going rancid and you do not need to grind them to get at the oils Chia is the richest vegetable source for the essential omega 3 fatty acid. These oils are needed by your body to absorb the fat soluble vitamins A, D, E, & K. These fats also prevent against inflammation which causes arthritis and heart disease. These oils are also good for the proper function of ADRENAL and THYROID glands.
- HIGH IN CALCIUM Since Chia contains the mineral boron it acts as a catalyst for the absorption and utilization of calcium by the body.
Vanilla Chia Pudding
2 fresh organic berries sliced
1 organic apple diced
1 Tb goji berries
1 Tb raw cacao powder
- Mix the hemp milk with the sweetener, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Put the chia seeds into a bowl. Pour the hemp or almond milk over the chia seeds
- Stir every 5 minutes for the first 15 minutes so it doesn’t get clumpy.
- Let sit for at least 2 hours or even better overnight in the refrigerator. It will be very thin at the beginning but don’t worry it will come together. Shortly the chia will thicken the milk to pudding like consistency.
- Add any of the optional ingredients. Enjoy!
For some people chia pudding is an acquired taste. The benefits of chia are worth trying it a few times, try different flavors.
½ cup hemp seeds
1 ½ cup water
- Put hemp and water into a blender
- Blend for 3 minutes in a vitamix or 5 minutes in a regular blender.
- Pour into a glass container. Store in the refrigerator for 5 days
If you don’t like the little particles strain through a fine strainer or cheese
cloth. It won’t matter in the chia porridge. The particles are really tiny it probably won’t matter but straining is always an option.