These Kale Mushroom Turkey burgers taste incredible. The vegetables and spices mixed in before cooking make them super light and healthy. Paleo, gluten free, Whole30 and keto friendly.
I’m always looking for ways to get more vegetables into my diet. Why not mix them right into a burger?
Mixing kale and mushrooms right into the turkey before cooking makes them light and flavorful, perfect for the warm weather.
I wasn’t sure they would hold together but with the addition of an egg they came out even better than expected.
There’s no skimping on flavor either. The turkey is laced with aromatic spices. A blend of cumin, coriander and fennel give the burgers a warm, earthy, slightly sweet taste. These spices also contain unique medicinal properties to boost your digestive strength. Read 7 Spices to Improve Digestion and Aid Weight Loss.
These Kale Mushroom Turkey Burgers don’t take a lot of time to make.
Here’s how you do it. First, sauté onions and garlic in ghee or olive oil. Then add chopped mushrooms and kale. Cook for a few minutes until tender. While the mixture cools mix together your ground turkey with the spices and egg until well combined.
When buying ground turkey, dark meat is best. It’s more moist.
Shape the burgers into patties. I made 8 mini burgers but you can make 4 full size or anything in between. Any size is delicious. I find that wetting my hands just slightly makes it a lot easier to form the patties.
While the burgers were cooking I made my 5 Minute Avocado Herb Sauce.
It’s easy to make in a blender or food processor and can be used instead of ketchup.
Saute the burgers in a large saute pan in a little oil or ghee. Cook on medium-low heat for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Adjust temperature as necessary, high heat and over browning will make them tough.
Now it’s time to eat. I served them on a bed of lettuce with a little sauerkraut. You could add tomato and onion. They also go well with a side of roasted sweet potato.
Topping them with the Avocado Herb Sauce makes these Kale Mushroom Turkey Burgers even tastier!
Serve them to your family and friends and watch their faces light up. They’re simple, super flavorful, satisfying, full of vegetables and protein.
As you nourish yourself experience the joy of eating. Mealtime is a great time to vibrate in the energy of appreciation. Enjoy the delicious tastes, appreciate your magnificent body, our abundant planet and all the people who were involved in getting that food to your table. Eating is a beautiful experience.
If you like this recipe you may also enjoy these other burgers:
If you give this recipe a try, please let us know what you think! Give it some stars or leave a comment. ♥ It’s so helpful for me and other readers.
If you would like to have more of these delicious healthy recipes sent to you each week, CLICK TO SIGN UP for my email newsletter of recipes and tips for you to eat well and enjoy your wonderful life.Print
These turkey burgers taste incredible and are packed with vegetables. A mixture of kale and mushrooms is added before they’re cooked making them super light and healthy.
- 3 tablespoons ghee or olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped cremini mushrooms*
- 2 cups kale leaves, chopped into bite size pieces (no stems)
- 1 pound ground turkey (dark meat)
- ½ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 pastured egg
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee or oil on medium-low heat in a medium sauté pan. Add onion, cook 3 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic, cook 20 seconds until fragrant.
- Add chopped mushrooms, sauté 3minutes until soft, stirring frequently.
- Add the kale and cook 3-4 minutes until tender. Sprinkle with a little water if the pan begins to dry out.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the turkey, salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, fennel and egg.
- Add kale/mushroom mixture. Mix thoroughly until evenly combined.
- Shape into 8 small patties or 4 regular size.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of ghee or oil in a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Cook 5 minutes on each side, adjust temperature so they don’t get too brown. Over browning will make them tough.
- Serve on salad greens with Avocado Herb Dressing.
White mushrooms would also be fine.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Paleo, Gluten Free, Whole30, Keto
Keywords: turkey burgers, kale, mushrooms
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting Eat Well Enjoy Life.