You’ll be able to whip up this moist, delicious Paleo Rosemary Bread easily since it only has 7 ingredients. It’s a grain-free, yeast-free dairy-free bread. It’s moist on the inside with a slight crust on the outside.
Eating a gluten free diet is beneficial for healing but many of my clients tell me they miss eating bread. A slice of bread in the morning can be very satisfying. Since I stopped eating gluten, I don’t eat any bread. Yes, there are certainly many gluten free breads available but most of them are made with high glycemic flours, like tapioca starch, potato flour and others. I try to avoid those ingredients.
Now I am missing bread. I decided I wanted to create an easy to make gluten free bread that tastes good. After many tries I came up with this high protein paleo bread. It’s grain-free, yeast-free and dairy-free. It’s moist on the inside with a slight crust on the outside and has a good texture and taste. It is definitely more dense compared to breads with gluten and yeast, but it’s still light and delicious. The bread gets even lighter and somewhat flaky when toasted.
To get the moist texture I use almond butter and free range eggs which are full of protein. The only other ingredients are baking soda, a little honey, garlic and rosemary. A hand mixer is necessary to cream everything together. It is simple to make with only a few ingredients.
I love eating this paleo rosemary bread for breakfast with sliced avocado, baby lettuce and sauerkraut. It is also good toasted with grass fed butter. This paleo bread provides the protein, fat and fiber you need in the morning to fill you up, support your hormones and give you energy all day.
To bring cold eggs up to room temperature, put them in a bowl and cover them with warm tap water. Do this first thing when you walk into the kitchen and the eggs are at a perfect temperature by the time you finish gathering the rest of the ingredients.
Prepare the pan by spreading a very thin coating of coconut oil on the sides of 8.5 x 4.5 loaf pan, then line the base and sides with parchment paper. Use one piece of parchment for the long sides and bottom and 2 small pieces for the short sides.
Paleo Garlic and Rosemary Bread is grain-free, yeast-free dairy-free. It’s has a hearty taste. The texture is moist on the inside with a light crust on the outside.
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Spread a very thin coating of coconut oil on the sides of 8.5 x 4.5 loaf pan with a little coconut oil, then line the base and sides with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the almond butter with a hand mixer until creamy.
- Mix in eggs and honey. Beat until evenly combined.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, baking soda, granulated garlic and rosemary.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the almond butter. Mix well with the hand mixer until all ingredients are combined. Keep mixing till the batter is really thick; that makes a world of difference in the results.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan.
- Cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Slice and serve with avocado or toast and serve with grass fed butter.
- Wrap the loaf up tightly and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- You can also slice the loaf, wrap it up tightly and freeze for 1 month. Take out slices and toast as needed.
Cut the loaf into 12 slices.
For a sweet bread add 2 tablespoons honey and leave out the garlic and rosemary.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Healthy
Nutrition information for 1 slice, if you make 12 slices from the loaf.
I hope you make this bread and enjoy it as much as I do. Please let me know if it satisfies your need for bread even though you may be gluten free.