If you’re looking for a fluffy, rich, fresh and light dessert for Mother’s Day this Paleo Lemon Cream Pudding is amazing. The taste is lemony with just the right amount sweetness. Topping it off with a luscious strawberry sauce brings it all together.
This Paleo Lemon Cream Pudding is the perfect Mother’s Day dessert. It’s also gluten free and dairy free.
Mother’s Day is a wonderful time to experience the circle of gratitude.
What is the circle of gratitude? When you think about something you’re grateful for, you notice that person (or thing) receiving your adoration and sending it back to you. You feel yourself receive it.
Giving gratitude and receiving it back puts you in the flow of life.
When you take a moment to be grateful, there is a response which shows you, you are in the flow. Once you awaken the energy of gratitude, there is a response that closes the circle. You are heard, understood and appreciated. Your thanks have been received and welcomed.
Mothers day is a wonderful time to get into the flow of gratitude with our mothers, children and grandchildren.
For most of us it’s easy to experience giving and receiving appreciation with our mother, and if we’re a mother with our children and grandchildren.
When I think of my mother, I feel a warm loving sensation flowing out from me. I see her receive my appreciation. I feel her smiling back at me, shimmering with the same warm feeling. I experience this even though she has been gone for many years. She is still with me.
It’s the same with my son. I send out a feeling of love and appreciation to him. It’s unconditional, and I receive back his love and appreciation for who I am unconditionally. The inner and outer are connected. I have joined the flow of wholeness, feeling connected with the Universe.
Now that we’re feeling all warm and fuzzy let’s get back to the recipe.
The honey-sweetened lemon curd and gelatin-set coconut milk create an incredibly light and creamy pudding.
There are a few steps to make this pudding First make the lemon curd. Gently cooking it until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Next sprinkle gelatin over light coconut milk, let it ‘bloom’ (swells as it absorbs the liquid). Heat and stir until dissolved.
Chill the coconut milk and the lemon curd for a few hours until set.
While it’s chilling make the strawberry sauce. Here fresh strawberries are simmered with a little honey or maple syrup until they thicken into a luscious strawberry sauce.
Finally combine the lemon curd and gelatin-set coconut milk in a food processor and process until smooth.
Serve this light, creamy pudding topped with the luscious strawberry sauce. It adds bright fresh flavor and brings it all together. But the pudding is also great alone.
Enjoy it for Mother’s Day or anytime you want a light, creamy, silky dessert.
In all my work, I try to say – ‘You may be given a load of sour lemons, why not try to make a dozen lemon meringue pies?’ ~ Maya AngelouPrint
A light and creamy lemon pudding with a luscious fresh strawberry sauce that’s gluten free and dairy free.
- 3 pastured eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed (about 3 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (organic is best)
- 6 tablespoons raw honey (120 grams)
- 5 tablespoons ghee, refined coconut oil, or grass fed butter (70 grams)
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups organic strawberries, fresh or frozen, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the eggs, lemon juice, zest and salt using a wire whisk.
- Turn on the heat to medium and add the honey and ghee or coconut oil.
- Continue to whisk while cooking for about 30 seconds, until the honey and oil have melted, and all is combined. Keep whisking and turn the heat to med/low.
- Continue to cook and whisk until the mixture is creamy and thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes. (Don’t worry if there are a few lumps).
- Remove from heat immediately. Pour the curd through a mesh strainer into a bowl. Since it’s thick use the back of a spoon to push it through the strainer.
- Set the curd in refrigerator to chill until thickened and cold while you prepare the coconut cream and strawberry sauce.
- Put coconut milk in a small saucepan. Sprinkle with the gelatin and let sit 5 minutes until it blooms (swells as it absorbs the liquid).
- Turn the heat on medium and whisk until the gelatin dissolves, about 2 minutes. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- Once the lemon curd and coconut cream are chilled, put them together in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Place strawberries, maple syrup or honey and lemon juice in a small saucepan and turn heat to medium/low until strawberries begin to break down while stirring.
- Continue to cook on low heat simmering for 2-3 minutes or until thickened, set aside to cool.
Prep time is 15 minutes but it needs 2 hours to cool and set.
It’s best to process the lemon curd and coconut cream together right before serving. But if you do it in advance or have left over’s, let it return to room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Keywords: lemon pudding
Would you like to have more of these delicious healthy recipes sent to you each week? CLICK TO SIGN UP for my weekly email newsletter of recipes and tips for you to eat well and enjoy your wonderful life.
If you give this recipe a try, please take a picture and tag it #eat_well_enjoy_life on instagram so we can see! We love seeing your photos, especially when it’s dessert.
Also please let us know what you think! Leave a comment or rate it.
If you like this recipe, here are a few more treats for Mother’s Day!