Chia pudding is my favorite way to get the benefits of chia seeds. They’re packed with omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, calcium, fiber and protein. Since they absorb water many athletes eat them to stay hydrated. Click here to read the benefits of chia seeds.
Chia pudding works great for breakfast, dessert or a snack. When chia seeds are soaked in nut milk they turn into a pudding similar to tapioca.
My favorite nut milk for chia pudding is almond milk. I love the sweet taste. It’s best to make it fresh, click for recipe, but store bought is easier. Look for almond milk without carrageenan as it can cause intestinal and digestive problems.
In today’s chia pudding recipe I blend raspberries with lemon, almond milk and maple syrup. The combination is divine. For extra protein add collagen.
I top it with fresh berries but if you like more crunch, almonds or cacao nibs work well. Enjoy the recipe.Print
A creamy, nourishing pudding packed with omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, calcium, fiber and protein.
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- 1 3/4 cups almond milk or nut milk of choice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1–2 tablespoons maple syrup or 6 drops stevia, or more to taste
- Put chia seeds into a medium size bowl.
- In a blender, blend the raspberries, almond milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla and collagen (if using) together on high till smooth.
- Add stevia or maple syrup to taste.
- Pour the liquid over the chia seeds and stir.
- Let sit about 2 hours stirring every 5 minutes for the first 15 minutes. It will be very thin at first but the chia will thicken the liquid creating a perfect pudding texture. Add additional almond milk if you like it thinner.
- You can put this in the refrigerator overnight to eat for breakfast or snack.
- The pudding will last about 3 days.
Cook time refers to the amount of time it needs to thicken. There is no cooking required.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: Healthy, Paleo, Vegan
Until next time, have a fantastic day and enjoy the recipe. Please leave a comment below. I always love hearing about your health journey and your thoughts and feedback on making your own delicious food at home.