The raw cacao powder in this is very filling and high in fiber, antioxidants, magnesium
and even has 3 grams of protein per serving. Cacao contains the highest concentration of antioxidants of
any food in the world. Thirty times as much as green tea and ten times
that of blueberries It opens up your heart to feel great because of the
magnesium, the number#1 mineral in our heart. Cacao seems to be the number
one source of magnesium according to David Wolfe author of Superfoods.
The avocado is full of healthy fat and easily absorbed protein
You can serve it alone or with the cashew cream to make a parfait.
Raw Chocolate Parfait
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Paleo, Raw PRINT RECIPE
Raw Chocolate Mousse
1 medium ripe avocado (it is better if it is firm rather than soft)
½ cup raw cacao powder
¼-½ cup maple syrup to taste
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
¼- ½ cup water
- Put all ingredients except water into a blender.
- Start blending with ¼ cup water and add more as needed.
- Blend until smooth. It should be thick.
- Chill, serve in clear bowls or fluted glasses.
1 cup raw cashews soaked for 2 hours or overnight
¼- ½ cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup water
- Drain and rinse cashews.
- Put everything in the blender except the water.
- Add a little water and start blending.
- Add more water as needed to get a smooth but thick cream.
- It will thicken up a little when you chill it.
Assemble the parfait:
- Slice 4 strawberries. Cut the other 2 in strawberry flowers (see video)
- In 2 serving bowls start with a layer the cashew cream.
- Top with sliced strawberries then a layer of chocolate mousse.
- Garnish with a strawberry flower.
- Chill for 1 hour and serve.