Let me introduce my absolute favorite chocolate dessert. This Bittersweet Chocolate Tart is decadently rich and creamy but made with super healthy ingredients.
It has only 7 ingredients and no cooking required.
This post is an update from one I did in 2012.
It’s an easy to make dessert, perfect for parties with friends and family.
You’ll love it because…
Deep Dark Chocolate Flavor
Rich and Creamy
Easy to Make
Vegan, Paleo, Gluten Free
In order to stay balanced I make desserts which are healthy and still incredibly delicious. Now that doesn’t mean I want to eat desserts every day but I love having one or two treats each week.
Coconut oil contains Medium Chain Fatty Acids which quickly burn as fuel. They are harder for the body to convert into stored fat, and easier to burn off than long-chain triglycerides.
Coconut and coconut milk contain lauric acid which is a potent antioxidant. It’s a substance found only in breast milk and coconut.
Raw cacao is high in fiber and one of the highest dietary sources of magnesium.
To make the crust, process the walnuts in a food processor until they are chopped. Add in the dates and cacao powder. Process until it is sticky.
Press into an 8″ tart pan. The easiest way, is to do the sides first and work toward the middle. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling. To make the filling: Put the coconut milk, cacao powder, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla into a food processor or blender. Process to combine evenly.
Pour into the prepared pan. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Dust the top with some raw cacao powder sprinkled through a strainer after is has chilled.
This is one of the best desserts I ever created. It’s a ridiculously creamy chocolate tart you can get on the table without a lot of fuss.
Store it in the refrigerator for up to 7 days or freeze.
I like to cut it into slices and freeze. Then when I need a treat I take it out of the freezer and let it come to room temperature to enjoy a decadent treat.Print
This Bittersweet Chocolate Tart is rich, creamy and full of healthy ingredients. It’s an easy to make delicious dessert that’s vegan, raw, paleo and gluten free.
- 1 ¼ cups walnuts
- 1/2 cup pitted dates chopped (4–5 dates)
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- Process the nuts, in a food processor, until they are coarsely chopped.
- Add in the dates and cacao powder. Process until it is sticky.
- Press into an 8” tart pan. The easiest way is to do the sides first and work toward the middle.
- Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- Wipe out the food processor if there are any pieces left from the crust. Put all filling ingredients in the food processor or blender. Process to combine evenly.
- Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Dust the top with raw cacao powder sprinkled through a strainer.
Cooking time is chilling time. No cooking required.
Nutrition information is for 8 servings.
Can be frozen.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Raw, Vegan, Gluten Free, Diary Free, Paleo, Refined Sugar Free
Would you like to have more of these delicious healthy recipes sent to you each week? CLICK TO SIGN UP for my weekly email newsletter of recipes and tips for you to eat well and enjoy your wonderful life.
If you give this recipe a try, please take a picture and tag it #eat_well_enjoy_life on instagram so we can see! We love seeing your photos, especially when it’s dessert.
Also please let us know what you think! Leave a comment or rate it.