An abundance of summer vegetables makes this Easy Roasted Summer Vegetables with Chicken tender and juicy. With fresh tomatoes, zucchini, sweet corn, and fennel I couldn’t love it more! It’s a one pan dish that cooks in 15 minutes leaving you lots of time for fun. When we’re having fun our body is in vibrational harmony producing what it needs to remain in perfect balance. Summer time is fun time.
After a full of day of fun at the beach or lake, you might not feel like cooking a fabulous meal. The good news is you don’t need much time to make this delicious one pan summer meal. Basically, you chop up a few of your favorite summer vegetables and chicken breast, add seasonings and 15 minutes later a healthy summer meal is ready. Since the vegetables and chicken are cut into chunks they cook fast in a hot oven. The result is lightly charred vegetables and juicy chicken.
This is one of my favorite summer dishes. I always have lots of tomatoes and zucchini from my garden. Since summer is the only time to eat fresh sweet corn I add it to many dishes including this one. The fennel from my CSA gives it a sweet herbal taste. But, if you can’t find fennel in your market use broccoli instead, it roasts up nicely too.
Use one chopping board for everything. Once the vegetables are chopped put them in a bowl along with chopped garlic and Italian seasoning. If you have fresh herbs those are great to use. After the vegetables are chopped use the same chopping board to cut up the chicken. Season it with a little Celtic sea salt and smoked paprika for a rich savory taste.
Add the chicken to the vegetables, sprinkle with olive oil, mix together and pop them into the oven. Then go take your after beach shower. By the time you get out of the shower your dinner is ready.
Serve it alone or with salad, quinoa or sauteed greens. If you don’t eat chicken add chick peas or white beans for a vegetarian version.
My intention every day is to feel joy and appreciation as much as possible. Simple delicious food like this Easy Roasted Summer Vegetables with Chicken makes me happy. As I eat it I feel appreciation for the earth and the abundance she provides for us. I appreciate all the people who were involved in getting this meal to my table, even though I don’t know who they are. It’s fun to feel the connection with the farmer, truckers, sales people, everyone involved. It feeds my body, mind, and spirit. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Please let me know by leaving a comment below.
A tender and juicy one pan meal made with fresh tomatoes, zucchini, sweet corn, and fennel tossed with chicken and herbs then roasted in the oven. Ready in 15 minutes.
- 1 small bell pepper, red, green or yellow, cut into chunks (½ cup)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into chunks, (1 ½ cups)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into chunks (2 cups)
- 1 cup fennel or broccoli, cut into chunks or florets
- 1 ½ cups cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt plus a little more for the chicken
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¾ pound chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup basil, cut into ribbons
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Chop all the vegetables into large pieces and put into a large bowl.
- Cut corn off the cob and add to the bowl.
- Chop garlic and add to the vegetables.
- Add salt, red pepper, and Italian seasoning, Toss to combine
- Using the same cutting board as the vegetables cut the chicken into cubes. Sprinkle with smoked paprika and salt. Toss.
- Add chicken to the bowl with the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with olive oil. Mix to combine
Spread evenly on a medium roasting dish or sheet pan.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes or until the veggies are lightly charred and chicken is cooked.
- Top with basil.
- Enjoy with salad, sautéed greens or quinoa.
For a vegan version use chick peas or white beans instead of the chicken. Roast them along with the vegetables.
- Category: Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Seasonal, Vegan Option
- Cuisine: Seasonal, Mediterranean