I love the taste of curry. While traveling in southern India I learned to make curry with coconut milk. The creaminess of the coconut milk mixed together with the curry make the vegetables super satisfying. I actually consider this coconut vegetable curry comfort food it’s so delicious.
Yes there is a bit of chopping in this recipe but it is so worth it.
There are many different curry powders available with different flavors. Choose the one you like the best. The Sun Brand Madras Curry Powder is available in most supermarkets and tastes good but it does have salt.
Be sure to taste the vegetables before you add any salt. The amount of salt you add will depend on your curry powder.
1 Tb coconut oil
1 onion chopped
4 cloves garlic minced
1” fresh ginger minced
2 green chilies (Serrano or Jalapeno) seeded and diced
2 Tb curry powder
¼ tsp cayenne (optional leave out if you don’t like spicy hot)
1 carrot sliced on the diagonal
1 cup string beans cut into 1 ½” pieces
1 ½ cup broccoli floret’s
1 cup full fat coconut milk
Sea salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan on medium
- Add onion sauté for 4 minutes until onion is soft
- Add garlic and ginger, sauté until fragrant 1 minute
- Add curry and cayenne, sauté 1 minute stirring frequently
- Add carrots. Stir sauté 2 minutes.
- Add string beans and broccoli
- Pour in coconut milk , stir well
- Simmer on medium 3-5 minutes stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and broccoli is bright green. Be careful not to overcook the vegetables
- Serve over millet, quinoa or rice