This is a super easy gluten-free, paleo, vegan side dish made with delicious healing spices that will satisfy your taste buds and soothe your body, mind and spirit. Add it to your weekly dinner routine; it only takes 5 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to cook.
I like this dish because it easy to make and very satisfying. Roasting the cauliflower with the coconut oil and spices concentrates the flavors.
Roasting is one of the best ways to transform almost any vegetable quickly and easily into a decadent dish that everyone will love
The spices in this dish improve digestion, calm and sooth inflammation, help improve your body’s ability to absorb nutrients. Here are some of their benefits.
Turmeric is a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant used an Ayurveda for centuries. It’s fat-soluble and absorbs into the body better with fats. In this recipe the coconut oil helps the body absorb its most active compound, curcumin.
Black pepper eating with turmeric also increases the bioavailability (rate of absorption) of turmeric.
Health Benefits of Turmeric:
- decreasing inflammation
- easing joint discomfort
- soothing indigestion and heartburn
- boosting immunity
- protecting the heart and brain
- lowering cholesterol levels
Cumin is well known for its positive effects on digestive health and its ability to cleanse and detoxify the body.
Health Benefits of Cumin Seeds:
- Supports the pancreas, helps digest protein
- Reduces gas, indigestion and cramps
- May help absorb minerals from the intestines to prevent deficiency
- Eliminates toxins and congestion from body (and mind)
This is the seed of the cilantro leaf. It is small and round. This is a very balancing seed that cools and calms the GI tract.
Health Benefits of Coriander Seeds:
- Reduces heat or acid in the stomach
- Decreases congestion
- Calms the digestive system
- Helps alleviate joint pain
- Improves skin irritation or rashes
Cauliflower is one of those vegetables your body loves because it contain many nutrients. It’s high in fiber, choline, glutathione, Vitamin C, Vitamin K. The indole-3-carbinol and sulforaphane in cauliflower and other cruciferous vegetables have anti-inflammatory properties, help protect cells from DNA damage.
Health Benefits of Cauliflower
- Keep your bones healthy
- Aid the liver’s detoxication processes
- Strengthen your immune system
- Keeps blood pressure stable
- Help reduce your risk of cancer
Here is a TIP… use fresh ground spices. They have an incredible taste. To make them, heat seeds in a small saute pan on medium high. Dry saute until they are nicely brown and aromatic about 30 seconds. Keep stirring so they don’t burn. Let them cool and put into a spice grinder, mortar and pestle or Suribachi like the one below. Grind to a coarse powder.
Enjoy the recipe its..
easy to make
heals your body
soothes your mind
Note: If you don’t have all the spices you can use 2 teaspoons of your favorite powder instead. It’s delicious.
I hope this recipe inspires you to include lots of vegetables in your diet.
Here are a few more very simple, delicious vegetable dishes you also might enjoy:
Would you like to have more of these delicious healthy recipes sent to you each week? CLICK TO SIGN UP for my weekly email newsletter of recipes and tips for you to eat well and enjoy your wonderful life.Print
An easy delicious vegetable side dish to soothe your body, mind and spirit.
- 1 head cauliflower halved cored and cut into 1” florets (6 cups)
- 2–4 tablespoons coconut oil (I like it with more oil, but it will work with only 2 Tb, just a little dryer)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin (fresh ground tastes best)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt or to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Melt the coconut oil. I put it into a pyrex measuring cup and pop it into the oven for a few minutes.
- Add cumin, coriander, turmeric and pepper to the coconut oil, mix to combine
- Spread the cauliflower out evenly in one layer on a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle the spiced oil over the cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Season with Celtic sea salt.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until the cauliflower is browned and tender. Turn every 10 minutes so the pieces brown evenly.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you don’t have all the spices you can use 2-3 teaspoons of your favorite curry powder. It’s delicious.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Vegetables
- Cuisine: Paleo, Vegan, Healthy