Here is one of my favorite recipes. This is a healthy treat. It is made with coconut oil that is made up of medium chain fatty acids which help you burn fat. Coconut oil also great for your your brain. Your brain needs good fat. Coconut oil is one of the only foods with lauric acid which is found in breast milk. It is good for your immune system and is anti-fungal. Coconut oil also supports your mitochondria to give you energy. Almonds are a great blood sugar stabilizer, high in protein and fiber. Cacao is high in magnesium, fiber and antioxidants. It only take 5 minutes to make and 15 minutes to chill. This is a Gluten Free, Diary Free, Vegan and Paleo treat. It only take 5 minutes to make and 15 minutes to chill.
Raw Chocolate Almond Mini Cups
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Paleo, Raw
12-16 servings PRINT RECIPE
6 Tb raw organic cacao powder
6Tb organic coconut oil
3 Tb raw almonds chopped
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
6 tsp coconut sugar
8-10 drops Stevia (to taste)
- In a small pan, combine cacao powder and coconut oil over very low heat. Stir occasionally until mixture is completely liquefied.
- Add coconut sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in, almonds, vanilla and stevia.
- Pour mixture into paper mini muffin liners
- Transfer to freezer or refrigerator to set (about 15 minutes in freezer, 30 minutes in refrigerator).
- Store them in airtight container in freezer or refrigerator.
A few more things…
*** Use walnuts other nuts of your choice instead of the almonds
*** For more protein use 1 1/2 Tb of hemp seeds and 1 1/2 Tb of almonds instead of 3 Tb of almonds