This is a quick and easy soup that helps your body detoxify and boosts your immunity. The delicious flavor satisfies your tastebuds and the nutrients make you feel healthy and strong.
I love eating healthy food and I also like to indulge a bit. Since it’s the holidays I have been doing some indulging. Today I need a little detoxing. What, detox in the middle of the holiday season? Oh yes but just for 1 day.
Detoxing doesn’t have to be a big deal. The truth is we’re detoxing all the time. Eating one day of cleansing dishes in the middle of the holiday festivities helps your body with the detoxification process. It keeps you healthy and prevents excess weight gain. Add this quick and easy Thai Spinach Detox Soup to alkalize your body and keep you slim and strong.
This is a creamy, delicious Thai soup made with coconut milk and vegetable or bone broth. It’s easy to make especially if you buy prewashed spinach. Don’t be afraid of the curry paste it’s not spicy hot. If you like your food with a spicy kick add the fresh green chili. I make it in a large saute pan, it gives more space for the spinach to cook quickly.
Not only is this soup very alkaline it’s also packed with vitamins and minerals. These nutrients help my body process the heavier foods better and give me a boost of energy inspiring me to do some yoga or go out for the much-needed walk.
For lunch, I’ll make myself a bowl of this yummy detox soup and eat it with a large salad. Maybe add a poached egg or a little chicken, wild canned salmon or beans.
I’ll have the Thai Spinach Detox Soup again for dinner. If I’m still hungry I’ll add steamed vegetables topped with Tahini Dressing or Cilantro Lime Tahini Dressing for additional detoxification from the cilantro.
The key to a one day detox is to eat light, especially in the evening. When you’re not digesting at night the body’s systems for cell rejuvenation, detox and tissue repair can work their magic. Eating a light dinner is one of the ‘tricks’ to maintain your natural weight.
Throughout the day I’ll drink lots of water with lemon and if possible have a green juice. I also like Tulsi tea to keep me full.
To make your detox day easy, keep your refrigerator stocked with chopped veggies, a nice dressing like the ones mentioned above and berries. You can also grab some kale chips.
You’ll love the way you feel after a delicious, detox day.
If you like this recipe try these other delicious detoxifying soups:
If you give this recipe a try, please let us know what you think! Give it some stars or leave a comment. ♥
Would you like to have more of these delicious healthy recipes sent to you each week? CLICK TO SIGN UP for my weekly email newsletter of recipes and tips for you to eat well and enjoy your wonderful life.Print
This is a quick and easy soup that helps your body detoxify and boosts your immunity.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 5 cups packed (250 grams or 9 ounces) spinach
- 2 teaspoons green curry paste (Thai Kitchen is a good brand, not hot)
- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (about 4–5 mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon gluten free tamari
- ½ cup vegetable broth, chicken bone broth or water
- ½ small fresh green chili, seeds removed (add only if you like spicy)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add garlic, ginger and shallot, cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add spinach. Cook, stirring regularly, until spinach is wilted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in green curry paste and mix to combine.
- Add coconut milk, mushrooms, coconut sugar, tamari, green chili (if using) and water or broth.
- Let simmer gently over low-medium heat for about 10 minutes, do not bring to a high boil.
- Remove from heat. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of lemon juice and cilantro.
- I swirled in a little coconut milk for garnish but it’s optional.
- Soup will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- Cuisine: Thai, Healthy