Turn your salad into a meal with this high protein dressing full of anti-inflammatory turmeric. It can be used as a dressing for steamed vegetables, turkey burgers or any place you would use mayonnaise.
I love dressings made from seeds. I call these power dressings. In addition to flavoring a salad or plate of steamed vegetables, they provide protein, fat and fiber. When I eat a salad made with this sunflower seed dressing I feel satisfied. It keeps me full all afternoon.
Turmeric is one of my favorite spices and I use it regularly. It has been used for thousands of years by many cultures for its potent anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.Print
Enjoy this high protein dressing full of anti-inflammatory turmeric. It can be used as a dressing for steamed vegetables, turkey burgers or any place you use mayonnaise.
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup water
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Put all ingredients EXCEPT THE OLIVE OIL into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- While the blender is running on low, slowly pour in the olive oil to emulsify.
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
This is a thick dressing like mayonnaise. Add a little more water if you like it thinner.
- Category: Dressing
- Cuisine: Healthy, Paleo, Vegan
Until next time, have a fantastic day and enjoy the recipe. Please leave a comment on below. I always love hearing your thoughts and feedback on making your own delicious food at home.