This paleo and vegan cranberry apple cobbler is a juicy fall dessert made with no refined sugar, grains, or dairy. A luscious apple cranberry filling is topped with a sweet crisp walnut crust and baked to golden brown perfection! This is the time of year for cranberries and desserts. Let’s make our deserts healthy and delicious. Today’s recipe is an easy to make gluten free, low glycemic cobbler with good fat, fiber and even some protein. For the crust I used walnuts, coconut flour and almond flour along with metabolism boosting coconut oil.
Here is a video to show you how easy it is to make it:
Health Benefits of Cranberries
Good for Urinary Tract and Digestive System
We have all heard cranberries are a remedy for urinary tract infections. This is because they contain components that prevent the ability of e-coli and other infectious agents to adhere to the lining of the urethra and bladder but that’s not all. They are also good for your intestines as they help prevent attachment of bacteria to the stomach lining too.
Did you know cranberries have other great health benefits? Here are some other reasons to enjoy cranberries:
Good for Your Heart
A substantial number of recent studies have shown that whole cranberries are good for supporting our cardiovascular system and our liver.
Promotes Weight Loss
The high amount of antioxidants in cranberries help to flush out your system. With less toxins in your system your metabolism and digestive system work better and you can lose weight quicker.
The antioxidants contained in cranberries help your body get rid of the free radicals which contribute to the aging process. They will not only help your skin to glow, but your internal organs will also function more efficiently without problems.
These little berries have so many benefits you might want to keep eating them all winter long!
Here are a few more delicious, juicy good-for-you cobbler recipes for you to try:
If you would like to have more of these delicious healthy recipes sent to you each week, CLICK TO SIGN UP for my email newsletter of recipes and tips for you to eat well and enjoy your wonderful life.
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting Eat Well Enjoy Life.Print
Delicious fruit dessert, made with ingredients that make your body feel good.
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, gently melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup walnuts coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 8 cups apples peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- ¼ cup maple syrup*
- 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar*
- 2 Tablespoon arrowroot
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Gently melt the coconut oil in a small pan on low, turn off the heat and add vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, mix walnuts with almond and coconut flours.
- Pour the melted coconut oil over the walnut mixture.
- Mix so the flours are evenly coated with the coconut oil. Set aside.
- In small bowl mix the maple syrup, coconut sugar and arrowroot. Stir to mix evenly so there are no lumps. Set aside
- Mix apples, cranberries, orange juice and orange zest together in a large bowl.
- Pour the maple syrup mixture over apple. Mix gentle to coat the fruit with the sweetener.
- Pour the apples into an 8 cup baking dish.
- Top with walnut mixture.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until walnuts are lightly brown and the filling is bubbling on the sides of the pan.
- Let cool slightly, serve warm or at room temperature.
- Store for 3 days at room temperature
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan, Paleo Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Keywords: cranberry apple cobbler, vegan cobbler, paleo apple cobbler,