Tahini is a nutritional powerhouse. It contains all the essential amino acids, making it a high quality protein, plus it is rich in lecithin, vitamin E and calcium. It is easily digestible because its high alkaline mineral content neutralizes the acid end products of the protein. I serve them at parties on endive.Print
An easy to make bean free hummus everyone will enjoy.
- ¼ cup sesame seeds ground into a powder, if you don’t have a spice
- grinder soak the sesame seeds for 4 hours in water and drain
½ -1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt (start with ½ you can always add more)
- 2 cloves chopped garlic (2 tsp)
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of cayenne
- Put sesame seeds (ground or soaked), sea salt and garlic into a food processer.
- Process into small pieces.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth.
- Taste to adjust salt.
- Serve on celery sticks, endive or gluten free flax crackers.
- Category: Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Bean Free
If you give this recipe a try, let us know what you think! Leave a comment and rate it – it’s super helpful to me and other readers.
Would you like to have more of these delicious healthy recipes sent to you each week? CLICK TO SIGN UP for my weekly email newsletter of recipes and tips for you to eat well and enjoy your wonderful life.