This easy 3 ingredient paleo pancake recipe is made in a blender with no grains, no sugar, and lots of healthy protein.
When my son was growing up I made pancakes every morning. It was the only breakfast he would eat. I wish I had this recipe back then. These are so simple and taste great even without maple syrup. There is plenty of sweetness from the bananas. And don’t worry about your blood sugar, the protein in the eggs and fiber in the almond flour balance the sweetness of the bananas.
This super healthy breakfast will get your brain and body powered up and inspired for the day ahead. You have to admit they look pretty good.
They also travel well. Wrap them up in a little foil and take them with you when you go out. You can eat them out of your hands.
They come out best when small. I use 1 tablespoon of batter for each pancake. The recipe makes about 16 little paleo pancakes, enough for 2 people. If you have 2 pans it takes less time.
The batter will be thinner than “traditional” pancakes. The key is to let them cook long enough to firm up before flipping them. If they are falling apart turn down the heat and cook them a little longer.
Enjoy the paleo pancake recipe. You will be able to make these without a recipe after the first time.
- 1 medium banana
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder (optional)
- Put all the ingredients into the blender
- Blend for 15-20 seconds, until smooth (don’t over blend or it will get warm)
- Pour into a bowl
- Heat a griddle or heavy saute pan on medium-low heat. Lightly brush with butter or ghee
- Add batter in small circles - about 1 tablespoon per pancake.
- When the edges start to look dry and the pancake is firm enough to flip (about 3 minutes), flip and cook another minute or two on the other side.
- Place onto a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve with maple syrup, berries, fruit sauce or chocolate chips
You can also refrigerate cooked pancakes and reheat in the oven the next day.
The pancakes can be made without a blender
• In a bowl mash the bananas until very smooth
• Add eggs and whisk until completely combined
• Add the almond flour and baking powder and whisk until the batter is smooth
Thanks For Reading! Please leave your comments and feedback below.