These roasted Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs are tender, perfectly browned, sweet, savory, and oh so satisfying. They take very little effort and have lots of flavor.
Many people I know don’t like to cook. They feel it’s too much work. One of the biggest problems is too many ingredients. Which is why I came up with the 3 Ingredient Honey Mustard Chicken. It’s an easy dish with great flavor.
This recipe only takes 5 minutes to prepare and then it’s roasted in the oven for 25 minutes. Serve it with baked sweet potato (cook at the same time as the chicken) and sautéed spinach.
Cooking at home is healthier. That’s the truth. People who prepare food at home generally consume more vegetables and eat higher quality fats and and proteins than those who normally eat out; they also end up consuming less sugar. When you make your own food the ingredients are fresher and have more nutrients.
I was inspired to make this dish last week when a friend of mine came by with a jar of his own local raw honey. I was thrilled. I wanted to cook something delicious with it that was easy and the whole family would like.
I’m a big fan of chicken thighs because they have so much flavor and are inexpensive. I combined the honey with some stone ground mustard, salt, pepper and olive oil to make a sauce.
The 3 ingredients are chicken thighs, honey and mustard. Yes, there is salt, pepper and olive oil but I consider those pantry staples.
I like things a little spicy so I add cayenne pepper but not if my grandson is here for dinner. He doesn’t like spicy. It’s optional.
Once the sauce is made, spread onto the chicken thighs and roast in the oven for 25 minutes. That’s it!
At the end I garnish the chicken with rosemary. It has a nice lemony-piney flavor that goes well with chicken, but the dish is delicious without it too.
3 Steps To Make Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
1. Make the honey mustard sauce. In a small bowl whisk together the honey, mustard, olive oil, salt, pepper and cayenne (if using). I like stone ground mustard but any mustard is fine.
2. Coat the chicken. Place chicken in a lightly oiled baking sheet. Spread sauce on both sides of the chicken. For easier clean up, line your baking sheet with parchment paper instead of oiling it.
3. Roast the chicken — Roast chicken uncovered on the top shelf of your oven for 20-25 minutes, until the top is brown and the inside is no longer pink.
This recipe is so easy it makes cooking fun and delicious. I hope it inspires you to cook.
Once you have a a few simple dishes you make regularly you’ll discover it’s something you can do. You’ll feel healthier and happier.
“For is there any practice less selfish, any labor less alienated, any time less wasted, than preparing something delicious and nourishing for people you love?” ―
These oven baked Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs are tender, perfectly browned, sweet, savory, and oh so satisfying. They take very little effort and have lots of flavor.
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons stone ground mustard ( or any type you have on hand)
- 3 tablespoons honey (local if possible)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (optional if you like a hot sweet taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped (optional for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, honey, olive oil, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper if using.
- Place chicken in a parchment lined or lightly oiled baking sheet. Spread sauce on both sides of the chicken. Make sure it is evenly coated.
- Bake chicken uncovered on the top shelf of your oven for 20-25 minutes, until the top is brown, and the inside is no longer pink. You can use a meat thermometer to see if the internal temperature of the meat is 165F.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh rosemary and serve.
- Category: Main Dish, Dinner
- Cuisine: Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Keywords: honey mustard chicken thighs, 3 ingredient recipe
If you give this recipe a try, please let us know what you think! Leave a comment or rate it.
Also please take a picture and tag it #eat_well_enjoy_life on instagram so we can see! We love seeing your photos.
Would you like to have more of these delicious healthy recipes sent to you each week? CLICK TO SIGN UP for my weekly email newsletter of recipes and tips for you to eat well and enjoy your wonderful life.
If you like this recipe try these other delicious chicken recipes :
- One Pan Roasted Chicken with Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes
- Chicken with Lemons Zucchini and Carrots
- Chermoula Chicken
- Grilled Chicken with Immunity Boosting Spices
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Eat Well Enjoy Life.