Winter is the perfect time to enjoy this Strawberry Coconut Chia pudding. It’s a deliciously sweet, healthy and satisfying breakfast, dessert or snack that’s easy to make. Vegan, paleo and gluten-free.
Chia is one of the best foods to eat in winter. They insulate, balance and lubricate your intestines from the cold and dryness of winter. That’s because chia seed has a high amount of mucilage, a type of soluble fiber.
Chia Seeds are an amazing, highly nutritious little seed. But one of the most interesting characteristics of chia is when combined with liquid, it expands and become very gelatinous.
The Ayurvedic Dr John Douillard calls foods like chia or flax that become gooey when soaked in any type of liquid, slimy fiber. They lubricate the intestinal wall while nourishing microbes that support intestinal health and function.
“Eating Chia is a natural strategy to help insulate your gut from the cold dry winter by soothing, warming and lubricating the intestinal wall.”
Chia also escorts toxic bile out of your body, stimulating your liver to make fresh bile instead of reusing the old stuff. Good flow of bile acids improves the digestion of dietary fats. Adequate bile helps bowel regularity and consistency.
Your winter microbes feed on the layer of slime provided by the chia. These microbes love to gobble up root vegetables, fermented foods, flax, chia, oats, lentils and other grains. They prepare your body for the massive microbial surge that takes place each spring.
Make this pudding the night before for a decadent breakfast or mid-day snack. Or prep it in the morning for a hands-off, simple dessert to enjoy after dinner.
How To Make Overnight Strawberry Coconut Chia Pudding
I start by making Coconut Milk at home. It’s free of any additives and has a fresh light taste. But I realize it’s much easier to buy it from the store. Use one of the coconut beverages like Pacific Organic Coconut Milk. I find the canned coconut milk too rich for the chia pudding.
Place the chia seeds in a bowl.
Use the “dip and sweep,” method to measure the chia. This entails dipping the measuring spoon into the jar of chia and scooping it into the spoon, then sweeping over the top of the spoon with a knife to level off the measurement.
Pour the strawberry, coconut mixture into the bowl with the chia and mix. Let it set for a few minutes. Then mix again.
Stir multiple times. Let sit another 15 minutes and mix again 15 minutes later before covering and putting in the refrigerator. It’s important that when you set it in the fridge, there are no clumps of chia seeds. In the photo above the chia seeds are not fully mixed.
By the time morning arrives, your magical Strawberry Coconut Chia pudding is ready to be served. If you make it in the morning it will be ready after 2 hours.
Tips for Making Chia Pudding
- Blend for a creamier texture. If you’re not a fan of the tapioca-like texture of chia seed pudding blend it in the morning after it has thickened up.
- If your pudding is too thick, add a little more coconut milk.
- Chia pudding can be made with any nut milk you like. The coconut milk makes it nice and creamy.
I hope you LOVE this pudding. It’s one of the best foods to insulate, balance and lubricate your intestines from the cold and dryness of winter.
It’s creamy, super satisfying, naturally sweetened, full of nutrients and easy to make.
If you give this recipe a try, please let us know what you think! Leave a comment or rate it.
Also please take a picture and tag it #eat_well_enjoy_life on instagram so we can see! We love seeing your photos.
Would you like to have more of these delicious healthy recipes sent to you each week? CLICK TO SIGN UP for my weekly email newsletter of recipes and tips for you to eat well and enjoy your wonderful life.
If you like this recipe try these other delicious chia puddings:
- Matcha Chia Pudding
- Creamy Lime Chia Pudding
- Liver Cleansing Chia Pudding
- Raspberry Lemon Chia Pudding
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Eat Well Enjoy Life.Print
A deliciously sweet, healthy and satisfying breakfast, dessert or snack that’s easy to make. Vegan, paleo and gluten-free.
- Put chia seeds into a medium size bowl. Dip the measuring spoon into the jar of chia and scoop it into the spoon, then sweep over the top of the spoon with a knife to level off the measurement.
- In a blender, blend the strawberries, coconut milk, collagen (if using) vanilla and sweetener together on high till smooth.
- Pour the liquid over the chia seeds and stir.
- Let sit at least 2 hours or overnight stirring every 15 minutes for the first half hour.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- The chia will thicken the liquid creating a perfect pudding texture.
- Blend, after it’s thickened, if you don’t like the tapioca like texture of the chia.
- The pudding will last about 4 days, covered in the refrigerator, but tastes best when fresh.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free
Keywords: chia pudding, strawberries, coconut