This Carrot Cake Smoothie Bowl is a luscious creamy breakfast that tastes like dessert but it’s packed with nutrients, protein and healthy fats. A delicious way to add vegetables into your breakfast. Paleo, AIP, Vegan, Nut Free Whole30.
The Paleo Carrot Cake I made a few weeks ago was so good, I thought why not make a smoothie with that same classic taste? This smoothie actually tastes like carrot cake from the sweetness of the carrots and the spices, cinnamon and ginger.
It’s a simple recipe with common ingredients and a beautiful orange color.
Eating is not just how the food tastes, the way it looks and smells is important for our enjoyment too!
You get healthy fats from the coconut milk and avocado, protein from collagen or vegan protein and lots of fiber from the yellow squash and avocado. Carrots contain low fructose carbohydrates and a few frozen bananas and vanilla make it deliciously sweet without any sweeteners!
The coconut flakes on top encourages us to chew our smoothie. Chewing activates salivary enzymes that stimulate stomach acids so we assimilate the nutrients easily.
You could also top it with hemp seeds, and chia seeds for added nutrients, fiber, and protein if you’re not doing AIP. Fruit makes a pretty topping too.
I garnish the smoothie bowl with dandelion flowers. They are all over my lawn and so pretty. Did you know dandelion flowers are edible? This powerful medicinal flower reduces inflammation and provides antioxidants. Find out more about eating dandelion flowers here.
Tips For Making Carrot Cake Smoothie Bowl
I like to steam the carrots and yellow squash for a few minutes before blending for easier digestion, but it is optional. The smoothie is also fabulous with the raw vegetables.
I use yellow squash to keep the colors bright but zucchini tastes just as good.
For additional nutrients add 1 cup spinach or romaine but it will turn more of a brown color.
I like my carrot cake smoothie bowl thick like pudding. If you like it thinner add more coconut milk or water.
This Carrot Cake Smoothie Bowl is dairy and gluten free, paleo and can be enjoyed if you’re doing the AIP diet.
The taste is creamy, satisfying and naturally sweet with just the right amount of classic carrot cake spices. It’s nutrient rich, high in protein and fiber. Also super easy to make.
This makes the perfect breakfast or snack especially when you’re in a rush but need something super delicious and nutritious.
If you give this recipe a try, please let us know what you think! Give it some stars or leave a comment. ♥
If you like this recipe, try these other delicious smoothie bowls:
Would you like to have more of these delicious healthy recipes sent to you each week? CLICK TO SIGN UP for my weekly email newsletter of recipes and tips for you to eat well and enjoy your wonderful life.
This Carrot Cake Smoothie Bowl is a luscious creamy breakfast that tastes like carrot cake but it’s packed with nutrients, protein and healthy fats.
- 2 cups carrots peeled and chopped*(4 carrots)
- 1 cup yellow squash or zucchini chopped* (1 medium)
- 3/4 cup frozen banana chunks (1 medium banana)
- 1/4 –1/2 cup full fat coconut Milk
- 1/4 avocado
- 2 Tablespoons collagen, hemp or vegan protein
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Coconut flakes for garnish
- Dandelion flowers for garnish (optional)
- Other toppings: chia seeds, hemp seeds, cacao nibs
- Blend all ingredients together in a high speed blender or a food processor, add more coconut milk or water if you need to get your desired consistency.
- When creamy, pour your carrot cake smoothie into a bowl and top it with coconut flakes, dandelion flowers or other toppings and enjoy!!
If you have trouble digesting raw food, steam the carrots and yellow squash for 2-3 minutes and cool.
Nutrition information is with collagen and 1/2 cup coconut milk.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Cuisine: Paleo, AIP, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free, Vegan
Keywords: paleo carrot cake smoothie bowl, vegan carrot cake smoothie bowl, AIP carrot cake smoothie bowl