During the holiday since we are quite busy, we need quick healthy dinners. I love this one pan dish because it contains both protein and vegetables all together. It is easy to prepare, delicious and nutritious. Once you pop it in the oven you are practically done. I used marjoram which is an aromatic herb with pine and citrus flavors.
You can use thyme or oregano if you prefer. You can even prepare everything in the morning, cover and put in the refrigerator to cook later. Leave the sauce separate and pour it over the chicken and broccoli before roasting.
Broccoli’s nutritional profile is impressive. It contains high levels of fiber (both soluble and insoluble) and is a rich source of vitamin-C which we need this time of year. It also contains Vitamin K, other vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. Garlic has long been prized by herbalists and other natural healers because of its many health benefits. It is good for your heart, circulation and immune system.
Enjoy this simple one pan meal.Print
A tender chicken and vegetable dish made in one pan.
- 1 ¼ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Celtic sea salt and fresh pepper
- 3 sprigs fresh marjoram, thyme or oregano*
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets, stems peeled and diced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup capers, rinsed
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper
- Steam broccoli for 2 minutes (this step is optional but it makes the broccoli more tender)
- Spread marjoram sprigs evenly in the bottom of a large roasting pan
- Place chicken over marjoram sprigs and scatter broccoli around chicken
- In a small bowl, combine shallot, olive oil, salt, red pepper flakes, apple cider vinegar and garlic
- Pour mixture over chicken and broccoli.
- Scatter the capers over the broccoli and chicken
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Stir to moisten broccoli and chicken.
- Bake 5-10 minutes more until chicken is cooked through
*If you don’t have fresh herbs, use ½ tsp dried. Add to the bowl with the shallots and olive oil.
We usually eat all the broccoli and save some of the chicken for lunch the next day.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Paleo, Dairy Free