The beauty of this delicious recipe is it’s incredibly easy to prepare. Just pop the slices of zucchini into the oven for 15 minutes and they come out nicely brown and slightly caramelized. Top with a splash of balsamic vinegar for a delicious vegetable dish you’ll enjoy over and over again.
Zucchini is one of those vegetables that’s available year round. If you plant them in your garden by
mid-summer you’ll have them in abundance.
Zucchini, also known as courgette is a nutrient-dense food that contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients.
The high amount of B-vitamins, especially folate and B6 will help boost your energy and keep you in a good mood.
I love this zucchini recipe because it’s so simple. I make it every week.
Cut clean, dry zucchini in half lengthwise, then slice into 1/2″ rounds on the diagonal to make half-moons.
Place on a baking tray and toss the slices with olive oil, salt, red pepper flakes and thyme. Oregano is also good. You can do this in a bowl but then you have another item to wash, it’s not necessary. Spread the zucchini on the baking sheet in a single layer.
Roast in a 450 degree oven on the bottom shelf for 10 minutes. This will brown the bottom a bit.
Turn your oven to broil. Transfer the tray to the top rack and broil for 3-5 minutes until the top is lightly brown and tender. Watch them carefully so they don’t burn.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle with a little balsamic vinegar. If you don’t have it will still be good without it.
If you eat cheese, it’s fabulous topped with a little goat cheese. Crumble it on as soon as they come out of the oven. The goat cheese gets soft and creamy from the heat.
Roger and I usually eat the whole tray ourselves so I’m calling it 2 servings, but it’s a big portion. We love vegetables. Any leftovers are delicious in salad the next day.
I hope you love this easy side dish as much as I do. It’s easy, fast, healthy, satisfying and incredibly delicious.
If you like this recipe try these other easy vegetable side dishes:
Easy Roasted Cauliflower with Healing Spices
Sautéed Spinach with Caramelized Mushrooms
Easy Roasted Zucchini
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
These incredibly easy Roasted Zucchini can be prepped in about 5 minutes. They come out nicely brown and slightly caramelized. It’s a fabulous side dish.
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini chopped into half-moons, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or oregano
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 ounce goat cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Put zucchini on a rimmed baking sheet (for easy clean up line a baking sheet with parchment).
- Toss zucchini with olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Arrange in a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes on bottom shelf to brown the bottom.
- Turn on broiler, transfer zucchini to the top shelf and broil 3-5 minutes, until zucchini is lightly brown and tender. Watch carefully so they don’t burn.
- Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and goat cheese, if using. Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Vegetable Side Dish
- Cuisine: Paleo, Vegan, Whole30, Keto
Keywords: roasted zucchini, zucchini, roasted vegetables
If you give this recipe a try, please let us know what you think! Give it some stars or leave a comment.
Also please take a picture and tag it #eat_well_enjoy_life on instagram so we can see! We love seeing your photos.
Would you like to have more of these delicious healthy recipes sent to you each week? CLICK TO SIGN UP for my weekly email newsletter of recipes and tips for you to eat well and enjoy your wonderful life.
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Eat Well Enjoy Life.