Since I love goji berries so much, I was inspired to create today’s smoothie for you. I combined them with strawberries for a sweet satisfying taste and to nourish our body.
- Strawberries will help you cleanse naturally Your body will renew itself and toxins will get flushed from the liver and kidneys .
- Strawberries have great diuretic, purifying, and antioxidant powers.
- They are rich in vitamins A, C, and E.
- They are rich in iron, vitamin K, and folic acid.
- Strawberries have anti-inflammatory properties, which is why they help you when you have muscular properties or any bone diseases.
- Strawberries have soluble fiber, which means they are a huge help in the absorption of carbohydrates and help keep sugar levels balance
- They are good at relieving constipation
The chia seeds provide protein, omega 3 fatty acids and fiber.
Enjoy the recipe.Print
A sweet and refreshing smoothie you can enjoy for breakfast or anytime you need a energizing snack.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 8 ounces water
- ¼ cup dry goji berries*
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Optional: ½ a ripe banana if desired
- Add the chia seeds and goji berries to the water and stir. Set in fridge overnight to reconstitute the goji berries and allow chia seeds to form a gel.
- Add chia gel, goji berries, strawberries and lemon juice (banana if using) to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Taste, if more sweetness is desired add stevia.
If you have goji berries left over from making tea add ½ cup reconstituted goji berries. The chia seeds can be used after 30 minutes of soaking.
- Category: Smoothie, Breakfast, Snack
- Cuisine: Paloe, Vegan, Healthy
Let me know when you make this smoothie, share a photo on facebook.