This summer drink is refreshing and deeply nourishing. Goji berries are a superfood packed with vegetarian protein and rich in Vitamin A. They have been used in Asian herbal medicine for over 5,000 years to enhance health. Read full article about the nutritional benefits of goji berries.
In this recipe the sweet goji berries are infused into a tea and mixed with lemon juice. You wind up with a lemonade that doesn’t require any sweetener. Its a refreshing, vitalizing drink you can enjoy all summer long.
If you like this recipe or find it useful, I would love for you to give it a rating. Just click on the stars below.
Would you like to have more of these delicious healthy recipes sent to you each week? CLICK TO SIGN UP for my weekly email newsletter of recipes and tips for you to eat well and enjoy your wonderful life.Print
Sweet goji berry tea is mixed with fresh lemon juice to make a refreshing and deeply nourishing summer drink.
- 6 tablespoons goji berries
- 4 cups filtered water
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Place goji berries in a jar and fill it with the water
- Let steep in the water overnight. The liquid turns a reddish color and the berries get plump.
- If you are in a hurry heat the water and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Strain off water from berries and chill.
- Reserve the berries for another use.
- Add lemon juice
- Serve cold with a sprig of mint.
Make up early in the day to give the goji berry tea time to chill.
- Category: Beverage
- Cuisine: Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free
Enjoy the recipe and please leave a comment below. I always love hearing from you.